Worms 3 $4.99 -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by bhavukjain1, Dec 16, 2013.

1. bhavukjain1

bhavukjain1 Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013

Worms3

Team17 Digital Limited
    90% - "Gold Award" - "Worms 3 is, quite frankly, one of the most accomplished multiplayer experiences on mobiles", Games…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    90% - "Gold Award" - "Worms 3 is, quite frankly, one of the most accomplished multiplayer experiences on mobiles", Games Master 8/10 – “Silver Award” – “An entertaining single-player mode and some excellent multiplayer modes make Worms 3 a decent addition to the long-running series”, Pocket Gamer 4/5 - "everything you could really ever want in a mobile Worms release", Gamezebo 4/5 - "A fun twist on the established Worms gameplay, but familiar enough to keep long-time fans happy", Modojo 4/5 - "The classic gameplay still rocks", 148Apps 4/5 - "the complete Worms experience on the go", Digital Spy The follow up to the award-winning, best-selling Worms 2: Armageddon is here! Worms™ 3 has been designed and developed exclusively for iOS. DEAL yourself the advantage with a new, game-changing enhancement. Turn on the card mode and alter the start and end of each turn by the playing of strategic cards. COLLECT in-game rewards that allow you to purchase bronze, silver and gold cards. Build your deck from 41 fiendishly designed cards! ENLIST your perfect battle combination as you choose your worms from a new ‘Class’ system - Heavy, Scientist, Scout and classic Soldier. Each has their own unique skill and ability. Which will fit in with your style of play? Show off your skills by earning Achievements! A delightful blend of both the simple and complex, these goals have been deliberately engineered to push you and your wormy skills to the limits! PLAY online with asynchronous multiplayer warfare. Enroll in ranked or friendly matches and show off your prowess. Remember, with asynchronous multiplayer you don’t have to commit to a full session at a time. Take your turn then go beat your friends score in the single-player Bodycount mode! BATTLE in multiplayer Forts or Deathmatch modes and challenge yourself with the increasingly difficult Bodycount single-player game. CONQUER 30 single-player missions across 4 new themes (Beach, spooky, farmyard and sewer). CUSTOMIZE your squad and make them unique with a huge amount of customizable elements new to iOS! INCOMING! All your old favourite weapons plus six new ones on iOS, including a couple of returning classics such as the Old Lady and the Homing Pigeon! BE THE BEST and worm your way to the top of the Leaderboards across all major game modes including single player as well as asynchronous online ranked matches. GREATER CONTROL for players who can now choose between an all-new D-Pad control system and the original touch controls. MARVEL at the glorious streamlined menu system. Gamers can now enjoy a much more pleasant and navigable menu system with a quick access player HUB for all updates and information! GO LARGE with the fabulous AirPlay feature. Link up to Apple TV and play on one device with up to four players on the big screen. The active player can plot their move secretly on the iOS device while the waiting gamers can witness the move on the TV screen! Get even more Team17 information, including the latest game updates and more… Facebook: /WormsTeam17 Twitter: @Team17Ltd Web: www.team.17.com DON’T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING WORMS GAMES! Worms 2: Armageddon, Worms Crazy Golf, Worms, Worms HD, Worms Crazy Golf HD & the FREE Worms Soundboard! ** Note ** Worms™ 3 is not recommended for iPhone 3GS, iPad 1 or lesser hardware.
    Information
    Seller:Team17 Digital Limited
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Aug 08, 2013
    Updated:Jul 26, 2017
    Version:1.24
    Size:349.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (19)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    99c in America, but 99p in Britain.

When they feel like being equal with the sales I'll buy this.

3. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    Atleast you're getting a discount. And is worth that 99p.

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Looks like 99p is going to be the norm price of apps here in the uk. I remember the good ol days when they were 59p :rolleyes:

5. Mr. Gamer

Mr. Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm a professional when it comes to living.
    In A Town
    #5 Mr. Gamer, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Worms 2 was worth the $5 in my opinion but I felt this one was maybe worth $3.

Still a steal at .99c though.

6. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    does this have have better online then worms 2? like ranking, matchmaking etc?

7. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    #7 dancj, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    Nah. Most games when they come down to 99c are 69p in the UK.

There's just the occasional one that uses this new $1/£1/€1 price point - and I refuse to buy any of them.

It's not to do with being too expensive. If the new tier was $1.50/£1 then I'd quite likely get it. I just hate the unfairness of it.

8. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    added info

Worms3

Team17 Digital Limited
    90% - "Gold Award" - "Worms 3 is, quite frankly, one of the most accomplished multiplayer experiences on mobiles", Games…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    90% - "Gold Award" - "Worms 3 is, quite frankly, one of the most accomplished multiplayer experiences on mobiles", Games Master 8/10 – “Silver Award” – “An entertaining single-player mode and some excellent multiplayer modes make Worms 3 a decent addition to the long-running series”, Pocket Gamer 4/5 - "everything you could really ever want in a mobile Worms release", Gamezebo 4/5 - "A fun twist on the established Worms gameplay, but familiar enough to keep long-time fans happy", Modojo 4/5 - "The classic gameplay still rocks", 148Apps 4/5 - "the complete Worms experience on the go", Digital Spy The follow up to the award-winning, best-selling Worms 2: Armageddon is here! Worms™ 3 has been designed and developed exclusively for iOS. DEAL yourself the advantage with a new, game-changing enhancement. Turn on the card mode and alter the start and end of each turn by the playing of strategic cards. COLLECT in-game rewards that allow you to purchase bronze, silver and gold cards. Build your deck from 41 fiendishly designed cards! ENLIST your perfect battle combination as you choose your worms from a new ‘Class’ system - Heavy, Scientist, Scout and classic Soldier. Each has their own unique skill and ability. Which will fit in with your style of play? Show off your skills by earning Achievements! A delightful blend of both the simple and complex, these goals have been deliberately engineered to push you and your wormy skills to the limits! PLAY online with asynchronous multiplayer warfare. Enroll in ranked or friendly matches and show off your prowess. Remember, with asynchronous multiplayer you don’t have to commit to a full session at a time. Take your turn then go beat your friends score in the single-player Bodycount mode! BATTLE in multiplayer Forts or Deathmatch modes and challenge yourself with the increasingly difficult Bodycount single-player game. CONQUER 30 single-player missions across 4 new themes (Beach, spooky, farmyard and sewer). CUSTOMIZE your squad and make them unique with a huge amount of customizable elements new to iOS! INCOMING! All your old favourite weapons plus six new ones on iOS, including a couple of returning classics such as the Old Lady and the Homing Pigeon! BE THE BEST and worm your way to the top of the Leaderboards across all major game modes including single player as well as asynchronous online ranked matches. GREATER CONTROL for players who can now choose between an all-new D-Pad control system and the original touch controls. MARVEL at the glorious streamlined menu system. Gamers can now enjoy a much more pleasant and navigable menu system with a quick access player HUB for all updates and information! GO LARGE with the fabulous AirPlay feature. Link up to Apple TV and play on one device with up to four players on the big screen. The active player can plot their move secretly on the iOS device while the waiting gamers can witness the move on the TV screen! Get even more Team17 information, including the latest game updates and more… Facebook: /WormsTeam17 Twitter: @Team17Ltd Web: www.team.17.com DON’T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING WORMS GAMES! Worms 2: Armageddon, Worms Crazy Golf, Worms, Worms HD, Worms Crazy Golf HD & the FREE Worms Soundboard! ** Note ** Worms™ 3 is not recommended for iPhone 3GS, iPad 1 or lesser hardware.
    Information
    Seller:Team17 Digital Limited
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Aug 08, 2013
    Updated:Jul 26, 2017
    Version:1.24
    Size:349.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (19)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

shocked the whole Worms Series isn't $0.99 like past xmas sales etc.

wish Team17 would add more of there classic Amiga titles to the mix!

9. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Downloading, thanks for head up

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks for heads-up. A great game with 1$.

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  12. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Is this worth grabbing? I have no idea what the gameplay is like, but think I heard recently that it's a turn-based strategy game, which perked my interest.

13. andylangers

andylangers Active Member

Nov 8, 2013
    $0.99 and yet still £0.99

Have you ever heard of exchange rates?!?!

14. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    ^
    I feel for you, man. It's not fair.

15. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    To call this discrepancy unfair is is really splitting hairs, isn't it? I can see how it might make you a bit sour, but if you boycott a bargain you're probably just hurting yourself.

16. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Are the other worms games on ios worth getting, or should I buy only this one?

17. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Same with deux ex they can't get the exchange rate correct

18. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Nah. I have Worms 1 and 2 and don't ever play them as it is so even at 69p I'd be borderline.

19. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Yup. And now Puerto Rico and San Juan as well.

No matter. My iPad is massively overloaded as well and there are games I've paid for that I can't even install because I haven't got the space or time to reach them.

20. bhavukjain1

Jun 14, 2013
    The price drop happens every month.