★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: EA Mobile: Submit Your Questions To The Producers

12-12-2008, 04:42 AM
EA Mobile: Submit Your Questions To The Producers

Hey All -

I have a unique opportunity this Saturday to sit down with the Producers of "SimCity" and "Need for Speed Undercover" (the iPhone/iPod touch versions) during an Apple Store event here in Los Angeles. I think it's going to be cool because we haven't done anything like this before and Apple is getting behind gaming like I've never seen before.

So, I figured I'd ask the peeps here @ touchArcade if you had any questions you wanted me to ask of them? Could be anything about SimCity or NFS Undercover or even mobile gaming in general. Maybe you have a cool idea or feature request?

That's about it. Look forward to hearing what's on your minds!

CL
12-12-2008, 04:48 AM
First of all, how did you get that cool-looking font? Second, why are gas and brake pedals absent from NFS Undercover, were they trying to fully utilize the iPhone's accelerometer or just lazy? Third, could I have a free copy of NFS...kidding!...

12-12-2008, 04:54 AM
I'll second asking them about auto gas and brake in NFS. Is there a manual option? Otherwise, tell them to stuff it up their exhaust pipe!
12-12-2008, 05:01 AM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
Tell them to get a load of us on here with ad-hoc copies for a week before release to pound on it to find bugs .... the most bug-ridden games i've bought so far are from EA and Gameloft ...

Since its possible to distribute "beta" copies i would recommend they get a load of experienced players to try and find those nasty last bugs which could be show stoppers

They also need to remember that framerate is key ... optimise the game-code and maintain that smooth play
12-12-2008, 05:02 AM
The first one is easy Under the Title there's a Fonts menu with about 20 choices.

Second, it's been some time since I've seen the game in person and it's come a loooong way. When I get my hands on it this Saturday, I'll see how they implemented the controls and I'll ask about why they did it that way.

Thirdly, stay tuned. I've been talking to one of the very cool curators around here, Blake, about a give-away. It's not NFS (obviously, the game isn't out yet) but it's another very popular iPhone/iPod touch game by EA. You'll see something pop up here within the next day or two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
First of all, how did you get that cool-looking font? Second, why are gas and brake pedals absent from NFS Undercover, were they trying to fully utilize the iPhone's accelerometer or just lazy? Third, could I have a free copy of NFS...kidding!...
12-12-2008, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigLaw View Post
Thirdly, stay tuned. I've been talking to one of the very cool curators around here, Blake, about a give-away. It's not NFS (obviously, the game isn't out yet) but it's another very popular iPhone/iPod touch game by EA. You'll see something pop up here within the next day or two...
Cool, thanks! Definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for that one...
12-12-2008, 05:12 AM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
I'm not so much talking about a give-away (although thats usually cool but also usually limited to the USA) but more about trying to actually HELP them find their problems and bug-testing by using the ad-hoc ability within AppStore ... too many games are getting released full of bad bugs and i'd be happy to volunteer time to help let them know about problems.
12-12-2008, 05:15 AM
Yep, the whole beta or trial code is brand new from Apple (not sure if it's fully rolled out yet?) so I'm sure you'll see happening moving forward. If there are any keys to be had, I promise to do my best to get you guys some copies. I don't make the call, but in my opinion this is the perfect place to do such testing.

I'll figure out a good way to convey your second point to them, about framerate. They care, and are definitely not against hearing constructive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synagence View Post
Tell them to get a load of us on here with ad-hoc copies for a week before release to pound on it to find bugs .... the most bug-ridden games i've bought so far are from EA and Gameloft ...

Since its possible to distribute "beta" copies i would recommend they get a load of experienced players to try and find those nasty last bugs which could be show stoppers

They also need to remember that framerate is key ... optimise the game-code and maintain that smooth play
12-12-2008, 05:19 AM
Yes, unfortunately these are limited to USA.
I'm waiting myself to hear more info on the trial codes myself. My understanding is that we don't have these right now. The moment I hear anything, I'll definitely share it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synagence View Post
I'm not so much talking about a give-away (although thats usually cool but also usually limited to the USA) but more about trying to actually HELP them find their problems and bug-testing by using the ad-hoc ability within AppStore ... too many games are getting released full of bad bugs and i'd be happy to volunteer time to help let them know about problems.
12-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Do the questions have to be SimCity/NFS related?

If not, I would like to know if EA plans on developing any of it's excellent Sports titles? Personally, I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of MVP Baseball 2005 (I know the deal with the baseball games). But I would like to know if they plan on developing a version of Madden for the iPhone? Or what other games they have in the works?

Thanks!