★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Xeno Sola formerly Starcassonne $0.99

08-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Xeno Sola formerly Starcassonne $0.99

Starcassonne - $2.99

A new future is under construction. But who will dominate this diplomatic experiment? You are tasked with building modules of Starcassonne, the galaxy's first interstellar space station. Compete with up to three other players as you lay out a unique structure every game. The classic and limitless play promises to entertain for hours. Fans of Xeno Sola, Carcassonne, and Dominoes will feel right at home.

Features:
* 33 unique playable tiles
* Addictive and intuitive play
* Gorgeous art style and music
* Up to 4 human or computer players
* Clear tutorial
* Auto-saved games
* End game statistics
* Art gallery

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Carcassonne was awesome on Xbox Live Arcade, this should be good. Loving the pixel graphics already.

08-06-2009, 11:31 PM
I have never heard of or played the original game this is based off of. Is there like some video tutorial or a demo for PC that I can try?

Current: iPhone 6S, new 3DS, Vita
08-06-2009, 11:38 PM
sorry, musta been posting my topic as this one was done, haha!

yeah carcassonne is a fantastic game, i am sure there are some youtube videos out for that. i havent yet tried starcassonne but if it's the same premise, you have a bnumber of tiles that have roadways and citys (or the equivalent) on them, and you can turn them so they match up with other tiles to create longer roads, open areas around the roads, cities, and open areas around the cities. once you have done that, you have the ability to put down a marker claiming a road for instance, or a city. once you have done that you score points by making a road long and then ending it, garning points for how long the road ended up being, for a city you get points by the size of the city once it's enclosed by other tiles.
this reflects how carcassonne works but i am pretty sure it's the same in the space version

cant wait to try it, lots of replay value i find, and one multiplayer is along and humming it is a great game to play with others.
08-07-2009, 12:00 AM
http://games.asobrain.com/

but best is xbox live arcade demo for tutorial. Has a great one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayLancer View Post
I have never heard of or played the original game this is based off of. Is there like some video tutorial or a demo for PC that I can try?
08-07-2009, 02:17 AM
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!

here's the xbox live version of the board game, on of my favs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex-EloEFlbg
or go to funagain.com for instructions, or search Dice Tower on youtube for carcassone review
08-07-2009, 03:05 AM
I LOVE Carcassonne. Might have to check this one out. Good luck!

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
08-07-2009, 04:07 AM
YES! I saw this months ago in the game development thread, I thought this app was never going to to the light of day. I loved the board game, and I love sci-fi, so this is an insta-buy from me.
08-07-2009, 05:58 AM
Oh you nearly had me...

There I was, finger poised over the 'Buy' button but then I thought to check and yep... 10.2mb!

If only you'd been able to squeeze that down to 10.0, I woulda been one of those impulse buyers... now I have to wait 'til I get home and by then there'll be more detailed reviews and maybe it won't be my cup of tea after all...

If you're THAT close to 10mb, reducing it to 10mb or lower is SO worth it for potential sales if it's at all possible!

Jamie.
08-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Oh you nearly had me...

There I was, finger poised over the 'Buy' button but then I thought to check and yep... 10.2mb!

If only you'd been able to squeeze that down to 10.0, I woulda been one of those impulse buyers... now I have to wait 'til I get home and by then there'll be more detailed reviews and maybe it won't be my cup of tea after all...

If you're THAT close to 10mb, reducing it to 10mb or lower is SO worth it for potential sales if it's at all possible!

Jamie.
What am I missing here? What makes 10mb the magic top number?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews