★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Deus Ex: the Fall (Square Enix) $6,99 > $0,99

12-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Deus Ex: the Fall (Square Enix) $6,99 > $0,99

Appzapp have just anounced, but it is now showing on the a App Store yet. Can someone post the app info? I hate doing that here on the iPad.
12-17-2013, 08:30 PM

12-17-2013, 08:37 PM
99p in the UK AppStore, thanks for the heads up - one game that's been on my wish list for some time so I've jumped at the chance, cheers!
12-17-2013, 08:52 PM
I bought it last time it was on sale for, I believe, $3 in October... And this $1 sale makes me feel pretty stupid for buying it then, because it just made me realize I haven't opened the app once in two months of ownership.

Perhaps I need a little motivation: I am not particularly fond of first-person or third-person shooters, and have no foreknowledge of the Deus Ex universe, except that in the third game they grafted shades into his eyes or something. Will either of these factors ruin my enjoyment of this game?
12-17-2013, 08:55 PM
I paid full price and I don't regret at all, it's one of the best games of the year. It's steal for 3 dolars, for a buck I can't express what it is.
12-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senile Felines View Post
I bought it last time it was on sale for, I believe, $3 in October... And this $1 sale makes me feel pretty stupid for buying it then, because it just made me realize I haven't opened the app once in two months of ownership.

Perhaps I need a little motivation: I am not particularly fond of first-person or third-person shooters, and have no foreknowledge of the Deus Ex universe, except that in the third game they grafted shades into his eyes or something. Will either of these factors ruin my enjoyment of this game?
You wouldn't need to know much about the the other games.
Not liking shooters of any kind would probably detract from your enjoyment.
To me this is the best FPS, and until Stealth inc, the best stealth game on the AppStore. Like pipipitchu said, a Steal at $1 or $3 dollars. I paid full price and was done with the game by the first price drop.
A large expansion is planned. Probably as Paid DLC. I'll gladly pay when it comes out
12-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senile Felines View Post

Except this game I don't know anything about Deus Ex universe and I enjoyed the game anyway. And this game let you choose, but the shooter side doesn't work well, it is more a stealth game.
12-18-2013, 01:16 AM
I had just play the demo, but think that you're getting a game with wonderful graphics, nice game mechanics and a good cyber-punk history for a dollar, even if it falls short to what its consoles/PC counterpart has to offer.
For 7 dollars I was doubting it, but for a dollar I think it's a go. You can always just play the demo and see if the controls or the IA (which are the two most criticized aspects of this game) are too much of a deal to you before deciding
12-18-2013, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the Heads-up
12-18-2013, 04:41 AM
IA have been enhanced on one of he first updates. When I bought it was already the updated version, so I can't compare. It's a short but AAA game.