★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Zaccaria Pinball Master Edition (Universal) $0.99 -> Free

12-18-2013, 04:25 AM
#1
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 38
Zaccaria Pinball Master Edition (Universal) $0.99 -> Free

Unique Christmas offer!
5 licensed Zaccaria pinball tables free for 5 days only!


12-18-2013, 07:26 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 4,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASK Homework View Post
Christmas offer for 5 days! Now Zaccaria Pinball Master Edition offers you 5 pinball tables for FREE!
Tried the "free" tables ("Master Edition") on iPad Air. The physics are mediocre. There are some flipper levers that simply don't work (the ones in the upper sections, they don't move). And the best: Timers! The tables stop running after a few minutes (as if they would be tilt). I am sure you can buy game time somewhere for real money.

Other than the description suggests there ARE five balls to play. When I switch in the options menu "Game Mode" I'm ending in a "Purchase Needed" loop and have to force quit the game to homescreen (when I hit "cancel" the Purchase-window will pop up again forever and nothing else is possible).

Never seen a game with such greedy IAPs. You even have to pay for a camera (view) option! Wait… Five bucks normally? For five partly broken tables where you can play two or three minutes each? Can't believe it. Deleted.

Thanks for wasting my time.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-18-2013, 08:34 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Tried the "free" tables ("Master Edition") on iPad Air. The physics are mediocre. There are some flipper levers that simply don't work (the ones in the upper sections, they don't move). And the best: Timers! The tables stop running after a few minutes (as if they would be tilt). I am sure you can buy game time somewhere for real money.
The flipper(s) at upper playfield work when the ball goes there, they are not broken.
On some of Zaccaria pinball tables there is a so called feature 'Game Time Bonus'. You can collect time with your 3rd ball and play with 4th ball in that time. It tilts when the time reaches 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Other than the description suggests there ARE five balls to play. When I switch in the options menu "Game Mode" I'm ending in a "Purchase Needed" loop and have to force quit the game to homescreen (when I hit "cancel" the Purchase-window will pop up again forever and nothing else is possible).
Many base contents are available (3 balls, 3 fix and 1 custom camera view, base camera editor), you have to pay for extra features (5 balls, advanced camera editor or custom game mode).

Thanks for your time and feedback!
12-18-2013, 09:09 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 4,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASK Homework View Post
On some of Zaccaria pinball tables there is a so called feature 'Game Time Bonus'. You can collect time with your 3rd ball and play with 4th ball in that time. It tilts when the time reaches 0.
Uh. I see. It's a feature…

Quote:
Thanks for your time and feedback!
Listen, caro mio. When you want a list with the next ten crucial errors of your software you must give me US$99 first. It's almost FREE!

For the time being I'll wait for some more reviews and if they proof that I was completely mistaken then I'll install maybe again. Don't use your customers as free beta testers, tA user ASK Homework.

Bummer. The tables COULD be good but this software is ruined in almost all components, especially marketing.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)