★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hyrule Warriors ( Zelda X Dynasty Warriors)

12-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Hyrule Warriors ( Zelda X Dynasty Warriors)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon.com reviews. Check them out sometime.
12-19-2013, 05:33 AM
*shakes head* No...

12-19-2013, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansKaosu View Post
*shakes head* No...
This is NOT the main Wii U Zelda game but rather a spinoff. The Wii U Zelda game is still coming

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon.com reviews. Check them out sometime.

Last edited by Gryphon; 12-19-2013 at 09:25 PM.
12-19-2013, 06:35 AM
Heres something I posted in the Wii U dicussion...

A little something I noticed from the Hyrule Warriors video. I'm begining to believe this is the first game in the timeline due to the uncanny resemblance of Link in Hyrule warriors and Hylian's chosen hero. Both wear shoulder pads and Link is using an extremely untraditional shield. The only difference is the rendering of Hylian's chosen hero wears red cloth and this new Link seems go prefer blue
12-20-2013, 02:21 AM
Well this definitely is not what I bought a Wii u for. I've always found the dynasty warrior games incredibly boring and repetitive. Slapping link in there is surely just an awful spinoff idea. Bad move by Nintendo IMO. Link is known for fantastic adventures, puzzles and often interesting combat... Why let people associate a 'button masher' with such a character?! The graphics look absolutely horrible too.

I'll pass.

Game Center - I BrEaKBEaT I
12-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrEaKBEaT View Post
Well this definitely is not what I bought a Wii u for. I've always found the dynasty warrior games incredibly boring and repetitive. Slapping link in there is surely just an awful spinoff idea. Bad move by Nintendo IMO. Link is known for fantastic adventures, puzzles and often interesting combat... Why let people associate a 'button masher' with such a character?! The graphics look absolutely horrible too.

I'll pass.
I'm glad you've entitled your opinion to delegate whether or not Nintendo made a good decision or not. Just because its change doesn't mean its bad. Nintendo is expanding its horizons, the Wii U isn't doing well. They need partnerships and need to attract new developers. Also, just for the future, never talk about a game's graphics until its released.
12-20-2013, 07:52 AM
This video blew my 10-year-old son's mind. He wants this game soooo bad now.

I liked it too. We're both big Legend of Zelda fans. We love Link's Crossbow Training too, and that certainly wasn't a traditional Zelda game. We'll take whatever we can get, as long as they make it fun. And they always do!
12-20-2013, 08:23 AM
Interesting. What a strange crossover, never even considered these being combined, although I'm a huge fan of both franchises.

One of the things I love about Dynasty/Samurai Warriors though is the huge pool of characters and respective movesets you're allowed to choose from. If it's just going to be Link the whole time then I can kind of see how it could get repetitive a bit more quickly.

On the other hand it would be interesting to hear about what kind of story they have in mind, if it's something that explores the history of Hyrule it could be pretty amazing. Guess we'll see.

12-20-2013, 08:40 AM
It looks like dumb fun. I'm OK with that as long as they are also working on a regular LoZ game (which of course they are).