★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Imagine a snow covered 3D platforming island surrounded by freezing waters. Now imagine this frozen tundra crawling with venomous spiders, UN-breakable dinosaurs, and sabre-toothed bats!

Mugen and his pirate monkey mates have landed on this ice age island in search of a long lost Dead Mans chest! Who knows what's inside?

Move Mugen with the virtual joystick on the left.
Jump with the Big button on the right!

Get some speed and jump to make the bigger jumps.

Can you find the secret key hidden in here and unlock the Dead Man's Chest? A special bonus level on a SNOWBOARD awaits those that can! That's right, a monkey on a snowboard killing baddies with a viking sword! Does it get any more real than that!?

If you like this game please leave a review! I read all of them thanks!

Ashes's comments:






Youtube link | Pop Up


http://mwap.me.uk/game-industry-news...-sub-zero.html

Pirate Monkey Mugen is getting a new home in a frozen world. He is once more on a quest to find lost treasure and fight the evil winged baddies in an epic 3D platform game.



Monkey Land 3D is one of the few games that stands on iTunes store as it has a unique concept and a refreshing story. Our hero Mugen the pirate monkey is seeking lost treasures among beaches jungles, caverns, and a giant pumpkin.

Funny story went with our monkey waking up next to a cute girl Suki who tells him about the banana crisis. They are everywhere and the reason of this event is a mystery to the monkey world. Theres even more bad news as the Great Pumpkin Seed has been stolen and to make things worse, your pirate mates just want to continue looking for the lost treasure. For Mugen this was a nightmare.



monkey land 3d sub zero gameplayIn a Sub-Zero sequel, Mugen continues to hunt for ancient treasures, but this time in a frozen world full of enemies that are trying to stop him from reaching his goal. Oh and he got a snowboard to help him ride frozen lands.

Swing Mugens blade at those enemies, jump on monsters for a funny squish effect, and fight your way for glory.

The game is a classic platformer with easy controls. Simply tilt your screen like a steering wheel to turn and be sure to collect goodies on a way. For example, grab your helmet on the lower deck for protection, or jump on the re-spawning death-crawlers for bonus points. They are evil after all, no guilt comes from squishing them.

Built using the latest in Apple gaming technology, Mugen will keep you entertained for a long time. The game is available on iTunes, but does have all the good features of a true platformer such as power-ups, friends and foe, and action.

Explore an open 3D world made with the latest Unreal technology that brings real time environments with seamless graphics to life.monkey land 3d sub zero story Control the came and your character while navigating through the map in an attempt to snowboard through a frozen land.

Players loved Monkey Land 3D so Matt, the developer, decided to give us an early Christmas present by releasing the sequel. If you liked platform games like Donkey Kong, then you will enjoy this cute monkey pirate.

Monkey Land 3D Sub-Zero is available NOW!!
12-19-2013, 12:18 PM
#2
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 184
Out Now!!! Let me know what you think?!

12-19-2013, 01:51 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4
Awesome!

Sequels are so exciting! Even cuter than the first game Love squishing the spiders!
12-19-2013, 03:55 PM
#4
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmenace View Post
Sequels are so exciting! Even cuter than the first game Love squishing the spiders!
That means everything to me, thank you! Did you get to the snowboarding part?
12-19-2013, 05:27 PM
#5
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
How does this differ from the other monkey land 3d games? Is it just the xmas theme?
12-19-2013, 05:34 PM
#6
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
How does this differ from the other monkey land 3d games? Is it just the xmas theme?
This one has enemies! You also get a new mechanic like in old Ghosts and Goblins games where if you have a helmet or shield you can get hit by enemies and you just lose the helmet first. If you get hit again you lose the shield! But you can always go back to the ship to gear up with the helmet and shield again.

On top of that I added a bonus Snowboarding feature to this game, so if you figure it out you can ride a snowboard through the frozen world instead of running

And at first this was just another world added to Monkey land 3D but after the enemies, the shield and helmet mechanic, and some other things like doors that are locked until you do certain events, it really became it's own game. It is shorter than Monkey Land 3D so that's part of the reason it's a free game. If it does well I will definitely make more! Hopefully with bombs and boom-a-rang action!

Matt
@FMJgames
12-19-2013, 05:45 PM
#7
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
This one has enemies! You also get a new mechanic like in old Ghosts and Goblins games where if you have a helmet or shield you can get hit by enemies and you just lose the helmet first. If you get hit again you lose the shield! But you can always go back to the ship to gear up with the helmet and shield again.

On top of that I added a bonus Snowboarding feature to this game, so if you figure it out you can ride a snowboard through the frozen world instead of running

And at first this was just another world added to Monkey land 3D but after the enemies, the shield and helmet mechanic, and some other things like doors that are locked until you do certain events, it really became it's own game. It is shorter than Monkey Land 3D so that's part of the reason it's a free game. If it does well I will definitely make more! Hopefully with bombs and boom-a-rang action!

Matt
@FMJgames
Ahh, that's cool. Thanks for the explanation. Gotta get to the snowboard section, it looks cool!
12-19-2013, 06:08 PM
#8
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Ahh, that's cool. Thanks for the explanation. Gotta get to the snowboard section, it looks cool!
Yeah no problem, glad you liked the first one! Let me know if you have any more questions
12-19-2013, 06:24 PM
#9
So exciting with it, good to play.
12-19-2013, 07:05 PM
#10
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynuyt View Post
So exciting with it, good to play.
Aw yiss!!! Thanks Cynuyt!!