★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Faceoff - An Upcoming Third Person Shooter!

08-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Faceoff - An Upcoming Third Person Shooter!

FACEOFF SHIPS THIS FRIDAY!!

I think you're going to love the gameplay with Faceoff. We've spent the most of our time working on a formula that we think will provide a fresh, fun take on the genre. That formula starts with gameplay, including optimizing around all of the iPhone's controls (touch, gestures, tilt – we'll have options here), weapon selection (there will be 8 fun ones for both range and melee… and your enemies have them too!), and varied campaign content that's fully roamable/interactive.

To answer a couple questions, this is a single-player focused game as we wanted to focus on getting out a great campaign-driven game first. We will have frequent updates with additional content that you help determine. First update will also include leaderboards. We are working on additional content and multiplayer, but will be looking for more specific feedback in these areas when the game ships this Friday...

Some Screens - UPDATED 9/15 to show tilt and touch controls:

Game footage:

Youtube link | Pop Up

In-game video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q1IVaySXao

Some of the weapons you'll be enjoying:

... and my personal favorite - the Wee Willy Nuke (explosion takes up the whole screen... and then some!):

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
Faceoff: free-roaming, full campaign, tilt or touch, kick !@#$ iPhone Shooter. www.faceoff3d.com

Last edited by Faceoff3D; 09-15-2009 at 08:34 AM.
08-07-2009, 05:06 AM
Sweet... seems like a fun game.

08-07-2009, 05:39 AM
cant watch the vid.
looks sweet though

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................
08-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killy billy View Post
cant watch the vid.
looks sweet though
Video should play right now, thanks for your interest...

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
Faceoff: free-roaming, full campaign, tilt or touch, kick !@#$ iPhone Shooter. www.faceoff3d.com
08-07-2009, 05:53 AM
yup, video works now.

looks sweet, maybe needs some more graphical tweaking but it has a lot of potential

adding a virtual d-pad = +1

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................
08-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Looks great! Can't wait. I can imagine this being a really fun game if the controls work well.
08-07-2009, 08:55 AM
like others have said, this one looks like a fun gun.But pls do improve the gfx a bit.
08-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Great. Thanx for getting my thread locked. Thats 4 devs getting my thread locked by posting their own new threads in last couple of days

Anyways the game does look great and cant wait for it to come out. Will be an Insta buy@ 99cents
08-07-2009, 11:45 AM
This game looks really good, but it seriously needs multiplayer. Just look at this game, its screaming "MULTIPLAYER TPS!" Looks good. For a buck Im going to end up getting sucked in

Check out Smoof7 Productions!
08-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny554 View Post
This game looks really good, but it seriously needs multiplayer. Just look at this game, its screaming "MULTIPLAYER TPS!" Looks good. For a buck Im going to end up getting sucked in
+1. Thats exactly what I was gonna say