Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 12-19-2013, 01:30 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default PROMO CODES for URP! - New Puzzle Platformer with challenging, 360˚ levels!

We just released the indie iOS game URP!

Use the promo codes below and review our game!

HA9RM4KHMP3A
KPKM4HFFNYTT
ETF3RALAWEM4

How planets can you save in the Urp Universe? Try these challenging puzzles designed as entire 360˚ planets that must be stabilized!

Thanks!

www.crazytoothstudio.com/games
Old 12-19-2013, 01:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

And I took the first one, thanks.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I took ETF3RALAWEM4, thank you
Old 12-19-2013, 02:27 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Urp promo code gone - do you have any more available ? I also sent PM.
Game looks cool.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:44 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlemi View Post
Urp promo code gone - do you have any more available ? I also sent PM.
Game looks cool.
Oh man! Sorry! Thanks so much for your interest though! We're running low on codes, but there's always a chance I'll post more.

Can anyone else besides me (one of the 6 developers) say that $1.99 is worth it?! We think so With 60+ levels and some challenging puzzles and hidden secrets, Urp! is HOURS of fun!
Old 12-19-2013, 04:05 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToothGames View Post
Oh man! Sorry! Thanks so much for your interest though! We're running low on codes, but there's always a chance I'll post more.

Can anyone else besides me (one of the 6 developers) say that $1.99 is worth it?! We think so With 60+ levels and some challenging puzzles and hidden secrets, Urp! is HOURS of fun!
If the game lives up to the description then I'd say it's def worth price, I'm about to play now so will pop back and let you know.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Edit: Moved comments to appropriate thread
Old 12-19-2013, 05:59 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I've left impressions on the main game thread, but will say here that the game is worth it's price tag, and I think people won't be disappointed purchasing it.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:10 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I would love a promocode, but I understand the first 100 are very valuable to developers, they want to send them out to review sites and family and friends and what not, so I completely understand. But perhaps next update when you get 100 more, you could do some kind of contest with 10 or so of them, that usually gets some buzz and people talking about your game.

I've added it to the Wishlist and will probably pick it up soon.
But I'm very careful with my spending now, buying all the latest games that come out each week is a very costly affair, and because of the time of the year, hundreds of great games are being reduced to 99c, or even free, which unfortunately overshadows these awesome little indie games like this.

My advice would be to drop it to 99c ASAP before the lockdown, that way all the gaming sites that are making mass sales posts might report on it and add it to their list, along with showing up on Appzap, appshopper and all those sites.

The screenshots look great, but without actually playing the game, it's a big gamble, because I'm sure everyone has paid for a game they thought looked good by the screenshots before, and it was terrible, so often screenshots are not enough. We want gameplay footage, and tons of reviews from reputable sites, AppStore reviews, and impressions from users, which, again makes it difficult for the dev..
I guess that's why freemium is so popular now, we want to try before we buy.
You barely even see paid games these days, almost always free lite, with an option to unlock the full game, which again is a hard choice because then you can never put your game on sale and get all the publicity from the sale.
Apple don't seem to like games having two separate versions, one free, and one paid anymore, apparently they are telling devs they NEED to have an IAP of some kind in free apps now, I don't know if this is all the time, or they just picked on this one developer, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Goodluck on your release, Be patient, if you've sent out cold calls to various review sites, hopefully the reviews will start rolling in over the coming days and weeks. Persistence is key.
Your game is worth $1.99, the problem is, there are millions of apps in the AppStore, if we shelled out $1.99 for every game we thought looked good, we would have spend millions of dollars, that is why a few bucks have become so valuable to us. It adds up quickly, and most of us already have tons of apps on our wishlists, not to mention the new disorder called "app collecting" that is very popular on TA. We buy games, but rarely even play them. It's just some instant gratification and retail therapy for a few moments..Tt's becoming quite an epidemic.
Don't feel offended, or like your game isn't worth it, it happens to every developer, and game, you just got to find a way to make people say YES, I will buy that.

Last edited by Snozberry; 12-20-2013 at 02:17 AM..
Old 12-21-2013, 02:15 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thanks so much for your reply! Maybe I can shoot you a promo code in exchange for a real look at URP! ...?... I'd love to hear your thoughts!

We've gotten some great reviews in the App Store so far for URP! and are confident that our game provides HOURS of fun for $1.99 - the problem is getting it in front of people and getting in from of reviewers to back us up on that! Every time we slide an iPad or iPhone into a new player's hands the reaction is instant - this is the real deal. It's very encouraging to see that kind of response, but we need more exposure!

Obviously we're passionate about URP! and we'll definitely keep putting in the time and sweat to get it out there! Thank you very much for the advice - I think we'll consider dropping the price for the holidays... more on that later

URP! - The 360˚ puzzle platformer! - www.crazytoothstudio.com/games