★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Wings of Icarus is a Jet Fighting Game.

Enjoy the taste of marvelous war experience!

Now its time to become armed to destroy your enemies and defend your HQ. Choose your combat aircraft. Become armed! The best and latest machine guns , missiles and guided missiles are ready for your mission. Be ready for marvelous battle.

Be careful , youll get addicted.

KEY FEATURES

- Seven different combat aircraft, earn new ranks to unlock all!! Also upgrade them!!!

- Three different types of weapons, all of them have different models!! New ranks unlock all weapons!!

- Detailed graphics,

- Realistic gameplay!!!

- Various types of resources, collect them by destroying enemy!!
Coins, life, health, bomb, invulnerability and coin magnet.

- Lots of objectives to achieve!!

Have fun with detailed graphics and animations on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch!

Your comments are important for us to improve our game. Please share your opinions with us using the links below.

CONTACT INFORMATION

Please e-mail us icarus@thewingsoficarus.com , if you encounter any problem.

Visit our website www.thewingsoficarus.com

Have a look our Facebook acount: www.facebook.com/WingsofIcarusGame

Follow us on twitter #wings_oficarus

wingsoficarus's comments:

Update 1.1 Released!! Don't forget to update!!

List of changes:
- Objectives window added, (See your next objectives!!)
- Weapon buttons changed,
(Touch right side of screen to use machine gun,
Touch left side of screen to use missile,
Guided missile button stays same)

- Fighters move faster,
- UI improvements,
- iPhone 4 shutdown problem fixed,

Wings of Icarus is a new type of Jet Fighting Game for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Game is for FREE.

Get it now!!!

More information can be found on www.thewingsoficarus.com and Facebook page: www.facebook.com/WingsofIcarusGame

12-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Here some promo codes. Play and comment here our game! Waiting for suggestions and critics.

F6XENEH49PRR
7MYA43KH64RT
T3MA3LPRL7FH

12-20-2013, 01:11 PM
I took F6XENEH49PRR. Thank you. I will try it out and leave impressions in a bit.
12-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Game Impressions

So its basically a topdown shooter. You pilot a plane and have enemy planes flying towards you. It uses tilt controls and you tap a bullet icon to fire. Your plane moves side to side but not up and down so in a way you are playing kind of like space invaders but with fighter planes. Movement is jerky and the graphics are not too flashy but it could be a fun game if polished some. I think it could do with other control options (relative touch especially) and also better frame rate so movement doesn't appear so jerky. IMO it needs some additional work to make it appealing and to distinguish it from the hordes of similar shooters on the app store.
All the best.
12-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Working on graphics for new releases. Thanks for your comments. Now working on weapon fire buttons. We are considering some options. Also working on movement.

You start with basic fighter with machine gun. You can earn experience and enough experience makes new rank. You can buy new machine guns, missiles and guided missiles. But not all fighters support missile and guided missile like your first fighter. To use them earn new rank and buy new fighters. By the way you can upgrade your fighter.

Last edited by wingsoficarus; 12-21-2013 at 02:46 AM.
12-20-2013, 06:58 PM
FYI all codes are gone- some lurkers must have taken the other 2

Glad to see impressions are positive on this one, hopefully it gets some more recognition (:
12-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Game Impressions

I like the title.
12-21-2013, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
I like the title.
Thank you! I hope you like our game too
12-21-2013, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
FYI all codes are gone- some lurkers must have taken the other 2

Glad to see impressions are positive on this one, hopefully it gets some more recognition (:
Yes they didnt make any comments i hope they like it
12-21-2013, 03:58 PM
This game basically plays like a behind the back shmup, which is cool. It controls with tilt then you press buttons for weapons.

There's a ton of different planes and weapons, as well as 3 modes.

The controls work well and it's enjoyable. It lacks a certain amount of explanation though, as to how you earn XP to level etc.

My major gripe is that it seems every IAP heavy. There's 2 currencies and I'm yet to collect any of the premium currency. The normal currency is used for plane upgrades and that comes in at an alright rate.

I think this has promise but for $2 it shouldn't be so IAP centered