★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "A hidden gem." - AppAdvice
"My brain hurts", "devilishly difficult. It looks beautiful." - TA Member Review
"It is incredibly challenging and because of that... addictive." - App Store Review

PLEASE NOTE- does not run on iPhone 4.

qub is a minimalist game experience designed to challenge players young and old. In single player, you'll control two synced qubs whose movements are mirrored. Avoid collisions and blast enemies to earn the ultimate high score!

Grab a friend (or foe) and play shared screen multiplayer on the iPad, where you'll battle to outlast your opponent and win rounds! The highest scoring player at the end takes the cake and gets to eat it too.

FEATURES

Single Player Mode with Endless Replay
Addicting Shared Screen Multiplayer On iPad
Buttery Smooth 60 Frames Per Second
iCade Arcade Cabinet Support
3 Difficulty Settings
Global Leaderboards, Achievements, Challenges and Social Sharing With Game Center
Original Music
Anti-Aliasing for Crispy Goodness

IMPORTANT: Requires iOS 6.0 or newer. Supports iPad 2 or newer and iPhone 4S or newer.

Questions or concerns? Email to brinkhousegames@gmail.com

Follow on Twitter @brinkhousegames

andrewb21's comments:

05/26/14
Free for Memorial Day!

Hey guys & gals! My new game qub is now available on the App Store!

From the App Store:
qub is a minimalist game experience designed to challenge players young and old. In single player, you'll control two synced qubs whose movements are mirrored. Avoid collisions and blast enemies to earn the ultimate high score!

Grab a friend (or foe) and play shared screen multiplayer on the iPad, where you'll battle to outlast your opponent and win rounds! The highest scoring player at the end takes the cake and gets to eat it too.

Features:

■ Single Player Mode with Endless Replay
■ Addicting Shared Screen Multiplayer On iPad
■ Crisp, Minimalist Aesthetic Designed For Retina
■ Buttery Smooth 60 Frames Per Second On All Devices
■ iCade Arcade Cabinet Support
■ 3 Difficulty Settings
■ Global Leaderboards, Achievements, Challenges and Social Sharing With Game Center
■ Original Music
■ Powerful Anti-Aliasing For Sharpest Visuals on Non-Retina Devices
■ Rich Updates Scheduled Providing New Content

If you like the game, please leave a positive review. As a new developer, your feedback and ratings help me immensely. Also, don't hesitate to contact me if you have ANY issues with the game. I'm happy to help.

Thanks for your time.

12-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Holy crap is this hard. Super fun though!

12-20-2013, 12:47 AM
Thank you! Spend some time with it and you'll enjoy it even more I'm sure. Takes a little mastering.
12-20-2013, 12:47 AM
This looks so cool. Any chance at it going universal or an iPhone version?
12-20-2013, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
This looks so cool. Any chance at it going universal or an iPhone version?
Thanks Bronxsta! I do have plans to do a universal version soon! I initially didn't think the iPhone offered enough screen real estate for adequate reaction/reflex time but I think I've come up with some cool iPhone specific mechanics.
12-20-2013, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb21 View Post
Thanks Bronxsta! I do have plans to do a universal version soon! I initially didn't think the iPhone offered enough screen real estate for adequate reaction/reflex time but I think I've come up with some cool iPhone specific mechanics.
Excellent. Can't get enough minimalist high-difficulty games (actually there's a thread dedicated to them Quick Fun Super Hard Games).

Well, I got it anyway to have it when it goes universal. Is there a trailer?

Last edited by Bronxsta; 12-20-2013 at 12:56 AM.
12-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Excellent. Can't get enough minimalist high-difficulty games (actually there's a thread dedicated to them Quick Fun Super Hard Games).

Well, I got it anyway to have it when it goes universal. Is there a trailer?
The trailer is being made. It's a compilation of people playing the game so takes a bit more time than just gameplay!

Thanks for the link to the thread, also!
12-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Looks pretty solid. Downloading now.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-20-2013, 08:21 AM
My brain hurtsss...
12-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks for making this free for the first week, I love it, it's gonna take some time to master but it's a lot of fun.