★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: My wish list for game developers

12-12-2008, 08:33 AM
My wish list for game developers

Dear Game Developers -

I have been a good boy this year and hope to get the following presents from all of you in the New Year.

1. Please make all games capable of turning off all sound and efx, so that we can listen to our own music while playing your game. This is extremely important for those of us who commute by train every day.

2. Please make a light version of all games that you expect to charge more than $1.99. I am more than happy to pay more than $1.99 for a game, but only if I can try it first or it has overwhelming positive feedback in this forum.

3. Someone please make a really good Rogue/Hack/Dungeon type game.
12-12-2008, 11:54 AM
lite version would be good enough for me kk
12-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Don't forget to ask for saving upon interuption!
12-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Agreed. He's one more;

If your app is controlled using the accelerometer; let's us have I belive it's tilt control. I wanna play in bed!!!!!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Hold your iPhone in your hand so running perpendicular to the ground (as in it's straight up and down).

Now tilt the screen forward 15 degrees. Then back to perpendicular, then tilt backwards 15 degrees.

Your phone has a very hard time telling the difference between those two actions. In either case, the change of position to the ground was identical to the accelerometer.

BUT, there is hope. There is a "Z" axis you can read. The problem is most devs are not looking at it. Why? Because Touch Fighter, the Apple project most people are using to base their projects.

I've made a lot of games. You've played them.