★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Spongebob Squarepants Diner Dash $4.99

08-07-2009, 08:23 AM
Spongebob Squarepants Diner Dash $4.99

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=325081359&mt=8

Well, it looks like we don't have a lot of forum members with kids or else this probably would have come up by now. I have a 7-year-old who loves the Spongebob, and it's a time management game which I like, so I took the plunge even at this steep price. The good: It's Spongebob, so you have him and all of his character pals playing throughout. It actually is a funny show even for adults, and so I appreciate the humor and whimsy in the game. There is a good tutorial in the beginning, so even those not familiar with time management games could get started pretty easily. There are multiple customer types with differing traits, and plenty of combo chains available to rack up the points. The music is nice with a nautical theme as you'd expect, and there are plenty of bonus items you can use to make customers happy while they wait such as bringing on Patrick Star to perform, or starting up a boombox.

The not as good: As seems to be the case with many time management games, the items you have to manuver around are pretty small. If you have big hands, you may find some difficulty in putting things where you want them. I didn't have a big problem, but I've played a lot of time management games. Mainly I wanted the characters to be bigger because they're nicely detailed and it would be nice to see them more clearly. Also, the price will keep many casual gamers away. This is for Spongebob fans, and parents of spongebob fans, and it's because of the licensing that the price is so high. Still, it's a fun time management game, and if you or someone you love is a Spongebob fan, you'll probably be interested in having this.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-07-2009, 09:43 AM
OMG SPONGEBOB it was about to get time

First impression soon

08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
My son loves this. He gives it a big thumbs up. Oh, all right...I like it too. So sue me. Or as squidward would say, "Whaaaatever".

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Haha, I'll probably pick this up because I need a time management game and for the added novelty factor (God, I've said that alot today...)

Anyways, is it a good game?

7/26/10-- Matt Garza throws first no-hitter in Rays history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki View Post
It may strike you as disrespectful to ask questions, that's ok, it strikes me as stupid not to.
08-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilian Rider View Post
Haha, I'll probably pick this up because I need a time management game and for the added novelty factor (God, I've said that alot today...)

Anyways, is it a good game?
If you like TM and you like Spongebob, you can't go wrong. I'm pretty sure this title has been released on multiple consoles, so you can probably get some info that way too...

08-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Not in the UK store!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0tent1al View Post
Not in the UK store!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
That's crappy. It's an MTV/Nickelodeon game, I'd have to think they're going to make this available to everyone...it's not like Spongebob is a uniquely American icon...the French love L'Eponge de Bob, although they make Gary nervous...

08-07-2009, 01:20 PM
you can download the pc or mac demo at
bigfishgames.com

i like it it's fun. it's diner dash but with sponge bob how could it be not good?

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
08-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
you can download the pc or mac demo at
bigfishgames.com

i like it it's fun. it's diner dash but with sponge bob how could it be not good?
Indeed. Yeah, big fish is shown on the title screens, so it looks like they're still involved.

08-07-2009, 01:39 PM
funny this comes out while im watching spongebob
but 5 dollars is pretty hefty eh

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.