Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-21-2013, 08:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Space Barrage Arcade - (by Buzzabit Entertainment)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Official Site
News on Facebook page

Just want everyone to know that the developers are watching and we can answer questions. Besides one music track, this was crafted by only two people and we are still hard at work at updating with refinements and new features!

We toyed with the idea of ads or IAP, but we just weren't comfortable debuting with that type of game is they aren't our favorite. (I think there are some solid uses of IAP that are agreeable and one day we might carefully venture into those waters)

This is the type of game whose longevity comes from the intense challenge it eventually throws at you. It's meant to be an addictive arcade-style experience and we stand behind it because we having played variations of it since 2004 and testing it endlessly while developing it's still fun and intense. (The 2004 version was for a contest called 21 Days Later - Vectorized for iDevGames.com and uDevGames.com)

Hope you love it - let us know if you have issues, we want to polish this up nice as it's our first public release. (As noted in the description, please be aware it's not optimized for the original iPad, iPhone 4, iPod 4G, or below.)

Thanks to all the beta testers from here on the awesome TouchArcade forums!

Last edited by aaronsullivan; 03-13-2014 at 03:10 PM..
Old 12-21-2013, 08:57 AM

I beta tested this and it's some good frantic arcade fun
Old 12-21-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
I beta tested this and it's some good frantic arcade fun
Thanks. Will give it a chance.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Also beta tested this and it's a nice mix of frantic arcade action and some puzzle elements. Controls and mechanics may take some getting used to, but it's worth it. Timing is important in nailing enemy ships or else you get easily overwhelmed and shield building is Tetris-esque.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:52 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I'm glad you two are enjoying it, and I'm going to have to use the word "frantic" in the official description somewhere now. I mean, it's accurate and you both used it to describe the game. Hmm... maybe I could quote you in the description.

Maybe something like this:
Quote:
Quotes from the Touch Arcade forums:

"a nice mix of frantic arcade action and some puzzle elements. Controls and mechanics may take some getting used to, but it's worth it." - Bronxsta

"I beta tested this and it's some good frantic arcade fun" - JCho133
Are both of you okay with that?
Old 12-22-2013, 09:07 AM

Congrats for having the stones to go Premium, I will wait for some impressions as the video is a little discombobulating. Will be keeping my eye on this for sure...
Old 12-22-2013, 09:17 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibosh View Post
Congrats for having the stones to go Premium, I will wait for some impressions as the video is a little discombobulating. Will be keeping my eye on this for sure...
It's a funny thing about "premium": when I started a previous project (Snowball Touch) the app store wasn't even up yet and I thought that would be the way to go, then over the years all these other monetization schemes came up and Snowball Touch's model seemed antiquated. It was actually part of the reason that project got sidetracked. Now, when I can finally release a game again, the right decision on how to sell it has maybe come full circle. Here's hoping.

On the video: I hope it didn't scare you off! That last scene shown is Stage 14. It takes a long time to get to something that crazy. In all seriousness I'd be happy to answer any questions that came up after you watched it.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

How are the controls in this game?
Old 12-22-2013, 11:53 AM

Look fun, downloading...
Old 12-22-2013, 03:05 PM

High score arcade or level based?