★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: White Birds
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.9 MB
  • Version: 1.02
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: In Upside Down, you play Bob, an outer-space junk collector who earns his living by roaming around, gathering various objects and metal from abandoned space stations. Bob will encounter an evil creature that he has had the misfortune of waking up from an inter-galactic slumber ! His only chance is to run away ! Help him find his way out of an old station, danger lurking in every corridor

Only you can get him out, with a little cunning and by defying the laws of gravity!

Upside Down is an addictive puzzle and action game, providing you with hours and hours of challenge. At each level, the goal is easy : reach the exit. But, in outer space, moving around isnt so simpleand the corridors arent so safe, filled with booby-traps and old, free-floating containers that could flatten you like a pancake
- 60 levels of increasing difficulty. Find the exit, and if you can, beat the record for the number of movements needed to reach it.
- all kinds of obstacles, moving blocks, lasers, saws
- two interface choices : pivot either your iPhone or the screen to move Bob around.
- the game is easy to learn and the rules are clear, helping you to dive right into action.
- very simple and intuitive commands and interface. A tutorial is available to help you if you need.

Save Bob ! Out there in space, youre the only one who can help him !
08-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Times up

08-07-2009, 11:36 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Times up

Gonna try the lite version

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
08-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Send a message via ICQ to JCik68 Send a message via Skype™ to JCik68
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post

Gonna try the lite version
post impressions pls

Add me @ Gamecenter - JCik#68
08-07-2009, 11:46 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Its okay.
Its a puzzle platformer.
You use the arrows or accelerometer to move.
You have to try to get the less moves to get a high score

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
08-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Picking the Lite tonight!

Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
08-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Cool name.
08-08-2009, 05:15 AM
This is a good puzzle game for such a price.

Bob can move left and right using the onscreen buttons, he is affected by gravity; sometimes to get through without running into the hazards (laser walls), you need to turn the map around as seen in the last screenshot. I like it that you can choose to tilt the device or use onscreen controls to change the orientation of the level layout.

Rather nice graphics and rather good sound. The character is very well animated.

You beat a level and it unlocks a new level. The first ten levels are pretty easy when it comes to beating "developer's scores" or rather beating the level with the least no. of moves. Things get trickier as the game progresses. And it starts getting harder to achieve minimal moves on the first try.
08-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Played the lite version -tied the dev on all levels except 6 - beat them with my score of 9 theirs of 14.

Anyways - really nice little puzzle game - has nice graphics - music is appropriate.
Some really nice twists in the getting the little guy to the exit -

1 - he can move - generally the object that has to get to the exit always acts like it is on ice - and will go in a direction until it stops - not true in this game - he can move one step at a time - also - sometimes the step is off an edge - causing him to fall - again strategically important.

2. It uses other blocks to help - the red block in the screen shots is impermeable - so it will squish you, you can't move it - but you can use it in places of electricity to stand on it.

Since it is not timed, I just used the touch controls - they work very nicely. I'm not sure how I did it, but I think just touching the screen takes you out of movement and lets you scroll around so you can see the goal. the control on the top that you touch has a circle appear, and then it is easy to rotate to wherever you want, and then stop and lift your finger. It is really well done.

In the lite version there is a developers score - theoretically best (obviously not since I whooped them on level 6) - but gives you a goal to shoot for with movements.

Quite nicely polished in my opinion. I wish the death scenes were a little more dramatic - but overall is quite good.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-15-2009, 06:12 PM
The game has been updated with 10 new levels.