★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tower Dwellers - Unit-Crafting-Tower-Defense - 50% off

12-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Tower Dwellers - Unit-Crafting-Tower-Defense - 50% off

iTunes Link

Tower Dwellers is a unit type of Tower Defence. Check out this lets play:
@Joe Hills Lets Play

Game Features:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++
• Craft Units from each tower to build a strategic army
• Command your units in Real Time and assist them in battle with your magic spells
• Non-linear progression - decide which territory to conquer next based on the upgrades it unlocks
• Complete the hilariously narrated tale to regain a land once lost
• Perfect your strategy by staging battles in the encyclopedia sandbox mode
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++

More info in the official Touch Arcade forum thread

Last edited by hube_eccgames; 12-21-2013 at 10:31 AM.
12-21-2013, 10:20 AM

12-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Did anyone play the game?

Pine Entertainment
12-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
Did anyone play the game?
The op gave you the link to the very interesting and extensive main thread with 141 postings where I am just reading right now on page five. I'll probably buy it since there are no IAPs what's CRUCIAL for tower defense strategy games. (Kingdom Rush suffers from IAPs.)

For your convenience, here you have the link once more:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=209818

tA editor's review (Musgrave):
http://toucharcade.com/2013/11/22/to...fferent-brush/

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
The op gave you the link to the very interesting and extensive main thread with 141 postings where I am just reading right now on page five. I'll probably buy it since there are no IAPs what's CRUCIAL for tower defense strategy games. (Kingdom Rush suffers from IAPs.)
How would you define it suffers? The IAP in Kingdom Rush is so optional that one never has to even look at it. I guess it's nice to have for people who want to win quicker though.
12-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
How would you define it suffers? The IAP in Kingdom Rush is so optional that one never has to even look at it. I guess it's nice to have for people who want to win quicker though.
No. I love both KR games, but certain missions and their requirements make you feel like they want you to use IAP. Especially with the warriors, the prices on those things are ridiculous.
12-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Played four or five stages on easy and normal (difficulty ramps up quickly): Very recommended! Didn't regret. There are some precious hints in the main thread.

Looks pretty and cute. Nice story and narrators. Polished. Build the defense towers first, then the special supply buildings. Those wizards are very versatile and mighty—even against the birds, I used them as 50% of my supply buildings. Collect stars to upgrade troops generally, especially the wizards. Game Center via the Game Center app.

So if you love challenging puzzles: BUY! No IAPs, it's only up to YOUR BRAIN (and not your money) if you win or not. One of the best TD games in town.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
12-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Only 11 levels? Does anyone know when they plan on adding more?
12-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Bought and played the first level. My very early impressions are that this is outstanding. It is obvious that this is a very high quality production throughout.

Edit: I have played all the levels now. This is really a great TD game and I am excited for the forthcoming uodate!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 01-27-2014 at 12:14 AM.
12-31-2013, 10:57 AM
This is a great game! Very challenging unless you read some strategy from others.

Only 11 levels but it takes a while and you'll end up playing them all at least twice. Plus the quality is better to me than KR. Devs are adding an endless and more content soon.