★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games from promo codes not opening/starting?

12-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Games from promo codes not opening/starting?

This has happened to me three times now. Catch-22, Overlap, and now Axis

I redeem the promo code (well actually Catch wasn't even a code but a gift), game downloads and installs, but when I try to play it, the icon just dulls then returns to normal. Game doesn't play. Even when I attempt to start by pressing Open from the App Store, nothing

For Catch 22, I reinstalled it a few days ago and for some reason, it worked and opened like usual. Not sure why or what was different

Anyone else experienced this issue?
12-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Not had a issue like that, but rebooting the device usually fixes things in general. Try see if that rectifies the problem.
12-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Never, but sometimes it seems they can take forever to redeem, so maybe that is what is happening.
12-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
Not had a issue like that, but rebooting the device usually fixes things in general. Try see if that rectifies the problem.
So just shut my device down and turn it back on, or is there a specific way to reboot?
12-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
So just shut my device down and turn it back on, or is there a specific way to reboot?
Hold off and home buttons.
12-22-2013, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Shutdown and restart. No need for reboot, well not in my case anyway.

I was puzzled as to why a few games I downloaded yesterday wouldn't work properly, one was a promocode, and the others were "gift redeem codes" from this guy on fiverr who gifts you $10 worth of apps for $5, a few of them ran but went extremely slow, some didn't download at all, and some just wouldn't open. I restarted my device and all the problems went away.. I think it's an iOS 7 thing because I never had these problems before I updated my device. I never used to restart my device, like ever.. So I guess I'm going to have to get in the habit of doing it nightly now.

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave