A trailer would nice, get a feel for the gameplay
Old 12-22-2013, 11:10 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Video of Android version:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Wow, this looks so good. And the IOS version seems like it got a visual upgrade.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:20 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Found the trailer

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 12-23-2013, 12:09 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Okay, bought

So your quest is to embark through the randomly generated depths to retrieve the Fleece and then return to the surface. You tap on a tile to move there, and enemies move when you move. You can leap over tiles and lunge with your spear (or throw it but then you have to pick it back up). You can use your shield to bash enemies away or into lava or knock bombs away. You can pray at various altars (Ares, Athena, etc.) to gain stats buffs and special abilities, like greater throw range, an arcing shield bash, or magic. You can tap on enemies to see their range of motion and range of attack, allowing you to plan out your moves strategically.

There are several types of enemies, from archers to bomb-throwing demolitionists, and combined with your own abilities, the game becomes a challenging tactical game with tons of depth

Last edited by Bronxsta; 12-23-2013 at 09:12 AM..
Old 12-23-2013, 03:30 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I obviously posted it because it appealed, but I figured it was a strategy/board game type thing. Got a bit sidetracked with the holiday period so haven't got round to trying it yet. Your impressions and the trailer have got me a lot more interested though, I absolutely love Roguelikes and this looks like it brings slightly more strategic planning to it all.

Cheers for giving your impressions, this definitely deserves more attention!
Old 12-24-2013, 12:55 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I'm really loving the gameplay but I would apreciate if the orginal artwork (Android's version) would be somehow available on iOS. There is something about the minimal artwork that seems, at least on video, a different experience.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I'm loving this game, it really is a roguelike chess game! Such a solid difficulty level to it all yet you won't fail unfairly if you really plan every move. Still learning how some of the special moves perform at their most effective but it's a great learning curve.

I much prefer the updated visuals but I can see why you might prefer the simpler style, given the distraction from the intense planning it might be. This really could be a forum favourite and certainly deserves to be included in my GotW so I've edited it - there's still hope I guess!
Old 12-25-2013, 01:17 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I love this game. It's the distilled essence of a roguelike, without the 20 hour playtime or the boring grinding bits. Very deep tactical decisions, and the process of making those decisions changes wonderfully based on the skills you've leveled. Normally the RPG-esque character progression you'd get in these roguelike games is a bit of "more of the same", i.e., doing what you do but bigger & better, but here the level ups offer significantly different tactical options. It only took me a couple of days to "beat" the game, but I keep wanting to play more, not just for getting a bigger number on my highscore, but because I want to try alternate combinations of skills and see if I can do better with a different build. Also, the achievement system offers the promise of unlocking very interesting sounding-skills for me to try and master and integrate into my play. 10/10, A+++, must play, Game of the Year, etc.