★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: First Annual iPhone/iPod Touch Game Awards

12-12-2008, 09:04 AM
First Annual iPhone/iPod Touch Game Awards

These Disappointing Awards were a disappointment to most. They were not my views but since it bothered a lot of people I've decided to remove the summarization of the comments made by other gamers in what they found disappointing. I figured putting them in categories in a whimsical way would give other people a laugh. I was wrong and too many took this thread seriously.

Still the majority of us can agree that
Zombie Mansion
Spore Origins
Kroll
were some of the games we found disappointing... along with others.

Last edited by The Lab; 12-13-2008 at 02:03 AM.
12-12-2008, 09:19 AM
The Award for Most Disappointing Racing Game
CRO-MAG RALLY
I liked cro mag

The Award for Most Disappointing Action/Adventure Game
KROLL
Agreed

The Award for Most Disappointing Game Port
STAR WARS THE FORCE UNLEASHED
Just because it wasn't the same game as on other consoles doesn't mean it was bad.

The Award for Most Disappointing Game that is Good in other Platforms
SPORE ORIGINS
Technically if it's on other platforms... it's a port. But Spore Origins was only on cellphones, The Iphone version is better than all the others

The Award for Most Disappointing FPS
ZOMBIE MANSION
Agreed, the controls are pretty hard to use

The Award for Most Disappointing Puzzle Game
TOPPLE
I don't consider Topple a puzzle game. Shinro was pretty bad considering you COULDN'T beat a level when it was first released

The Award for The Most Popular yet Disappointing Game (Won a lot of awards and sold the most yet has a lot of complaints)
SUPER MONKEY BALL
I still don't know how people are able to play that game. it was terrible

The Most Disappointing Game of All
KROLL
Agreed

Most Disappointing Developer
NGMOCO, INC.
There is no way that NGMOCO is the most disappointing! All of their games are high quality and have been increasing in WIN with each game released. The TRUE winner is DS Effects.

12-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
Sorry but ngmoco is not the most disappointing developer....

They're dedicated to the platform and coming on leaps and bounds with each release..

Gameloft and EA are disappointing ..... good high-profile games but lacking in polish and bug-ridden
12-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Sounds like pretty much everything disappoints you!
12-12-2008, 10:04 AM
ngmoco does everything right, EVERYTHING.
Not one of their games is close to a disappointment.
Prices are always fair and the game experiences are mostly very unique!
They actually CARE about this platfom.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
12-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lab View Post
No I like Topple and Cro-Mag as well as the Ngcomo Developers. Read the edits to the thread or the description a little more carefully next time.
Sorry to ruin the first annual disappointment party!
12-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
OMG. Ngmoco is one of the best devs on the app store. Topple was good, and Dr. Awesome and Dropship are amazing. You are crazy, and DS Effects, and AAApplications are both tied for the worst dev.
12-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lab View Post
This isn't about the worst games or developers its about the disappointment. With DS Effecs and other like it well, we don't expect much from them so we're not disappointed in their crap games. Though a lot of people were disappointed with the majority of Ngcomo games but still hail it has a good developer.
If someone is disappointed with the majority of a developer's games, how can that person hail them as a good developer?
12-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Cro-Mag has better graphics, framerate, levels, weapons and gameplay than the best selling game (on the Irish store at least) Crash Bandicoot.

The only negative for me is the lack of any progression/promotion. It's just a loose collection of races. For me it's a loooooooong way from the most disappointing racing game on the App Store.

For me, the most disappointing is Aqua Forest. Sluggish; dull gameplay; (deliberately) blurred graphics which impede gameplay. Meh.
12-12-2008, 02:07 PM
First Annual Awards based on 12 hours and 5 pages worth of ranting = Last Annual Awards presented by The Lab.

Seriously, there's like no merit to this list. Sample size is way too low...and you didn't even suggest the comments in the previous thread would be taken as "votes" in this thread.