Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-22-2013, 04:49 AM

Default Search for a developer

Hi, i am searching for a developer who is skilled and can create 3d mobile game. It does not matter weather is for android or ios. The developer should be willing to work on the project for percentage of the profits from selling the game. The percentage is negotiable.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:55 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Are you a graphic designer or 3d artist? Not just someone with a game idea? A game idea is really worth nothing at all, there are just so many ideas out there, and I have hundreds of my own ideas that I want to make. I get people all the time saying they have a game idea, and then trying to offer me 30% for me to do all the work. On the other hand, if you have a development skill to offer, such as graphics, sound, programming etc. Then that is a totally different story.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyJoe View Post
Are you a graphic designer or 3d artist? Not just someone with a game idea? A game idea is really worth nothing at all, there are just so many ideas out there, and I have hundreds of my own ideas that I want to make. I get people all the time saying they have a game idea, and then trying to offer me 30% for me to do all the work. On the other hand, if you have a development skill to offer, such as graphics, sound, programming etc. Then that is a totally different story.
This is so true!!!!

game ideas are worth pretty much zero at that point of the development process.

If you have one of those skills mentioned you should be leading with it or any coder is just going to move on.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:22 AM

i can do some of the graphics but not all of it. You can invite a friend of yours to participate in the project. And the percentage is not 30, it is 40. And if there are two of you we will take additionally.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:23 AM

*talk
Old 12-22-2013, 02:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeudreamit View Post
i can do some of the graphics but not all of it. You can invite a friend of yours to participate in the project. And the percentage is not 30, it is 40. And if there are two of you we will take additionally.
You are dreaming my friend...

If they are doing all the coding and the more complex graphics 40% with no upfront payment is grossly unfair. I don't understand why they would do your idea rather than their own and get 100%.

My advice to you is to skill up if you can't afford a developer.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:54 AM

and why do u think they will have better idea? and i said that if they are two we will talk additionally, if u do not want to do it, just do not comment, i understood your point of view - thank you
Old 12-23-2013, 05:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeudreamit View Post
and why do u think they will have better idea? and i said that if they are two we will talk additionally, if u do not want to do it, just do not comment, i understood your point of view - thank you

http://www.gamedev.net/page/resource...idea-guy-r3088

That is why. It is really worth the read and gives you the reality of the situation. Every developer should read this.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:18 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
http://www.gamedev.net/page/resource...idea-guy-r3088

That is why. It is really worth the read and gives you the reality of the situation. Every developer should read this.
Great article!

I want to chime in as a programmer/producer.

When I go to hire an artist or designer, I'm trying to sell myself to them. Just because I have money to hire someone doesn't mean he will want to work for me. He must know that I have everything planned out and I know what to do (that usually comes from making many previous games), I know how to delegate tasks and guide/help him along the way ... not just say, hey, I have great idea, make it happen.

Same with hiring artist. Just because you are the idea or money guy, doesn't mean people will line up to work for you. You have to sell yourself to that person... it goes both ways.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:54 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Good games are all about implementation rather than ideas. Read this link. I doubt you'll find a decent game developer with more time than game ideas, because our ideas are why we all get into developing in the first place.