★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Promo code for Bitten - Best tilt game

08-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Promo code for Bitten - Best tilt game

Bitten - 0.99
Bitten Lite - Free

We think we have developed a great game. But on AppStore it is hard to get lost amidst all other games. So all we request is if you like the game, you are OK to rate it and additionally review it. If yes please pm us and we will be very glad to give you a promotional code for Bitten.

If we get good critical feedback, we will also consider you for sharing promo codes for our next games in pipeline!

Check out the video here!

Thanks
CreativeNose
08-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Best? According to who? I'm all about devs boasting their games, but to say (and put in the thread title) it is the 'best' tilt game is a bold move. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if Joe Schmoe Developer made a tilt based game and said his was the best.
Saying 'best' basically means that your saying your game is better than any other tilt title out there (which, imo, it isn't), as opposed to saying something like 'great tilt game' which is more of an adjective to describe your game.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

08-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Send a message via ICQ to JCik68 Send a message via Skype™ to JCik68
I tried it, its not bad, but nothing special. Powerups are good thing to make things more interesting, but game is missing online highscores. Also, it can be little monotone after a while

3/5

Add me @ Gamecenter - JCik#68
08-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to jumpman612
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Best? According to who? I'm all about devs boasting their games, but to say (and put in the thread title) it is the 'best' tilt game is a bold move. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if Joe Schmoe Developer made a tilt based game and said his was the best.
Saying 'best' basically means that your saying your game is better than any other tilt title out there (which, imo, it isn't), as opposed to saying something like 'great tilt game' which is more of an adjective to describe your game.
Well you can clearly see that he isn't that good at english if you read it carefully. Maybe he's just over exaggerating about it.

Plus+ ID : jumpman612
add me
08-07-2009, 01:57 PM
pm sent!!
08-07-2009, 02:06 PM
The game at its current state is a bit lacking and is very limited at the moment; I'm not the first that'll try this and agree to the fact that power-ups and online leaderboards are needed. Continuous updates are imperative for success after all.

7/10

Twitter: BadKarma__
Games waiting for: A game that doesn't suck.
08-07-2009, 02:18 PM
For the love of God, I SWEAR some people are members of this forum just to be argumentative. A developer posts a heads-up about his/her game, and the *first* post after it is someone criticizing them for using the word best in his description.

What the hell was the point of that post?! The word "best" is used by advertisers all over the world everyday, and I don't imagine they give a rats behind if it upsets some other company that makes a similar product. Grow up. And let the forum be what it's supposed to be. A place to find out about and discuss new games.

I'd like to go one day reading this forum without running into at least one pointless flame post written by someone who is obviously just spoiling for an argument, or has nothing better to offer but has a need to be heard or noticed. Mods should at least temporarily ban these people. Takes away from community and makes developers less likely to return and post here in the future.

Sheesh.

-Winterymix
Currently Playing - Jetpack Joyride, Disc Drivin', Tactical Warrior, PvZ.
08-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Hello VoodooVyper
Yeah - Great is the right adjective!! Our mistake.
What we actually wanted to say was that some people have mentioned that it is the one of the best tilt games - but in the interest of keeping title short a wrong message might have been delivered.

We would love to hear how we can improve the game besides online leaderboards!!
08-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeNose
But on AppStore it is hard to get lost amidst all other games.
I thought it was hard to get noticed in Appstore. Silly me

Btw. The game isn't as bad as every one else here is saying. The tilt controls are quite smooth and the game runs pretty well on the iPhone without any slowdowns. I found the game ok enough, but my 3.5 year old loves it. I'll again vote in favor of trying out the lite version and see for urself if the game is your type or not.

The thread title definitely needs to be changed for sure, as it'll only encourage negative reaction from the forum members.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-07-2009 at 02:30 PM.
08-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah, it will encourage negative reactions from forum members because too many of them are overly sensitive and judgmental.

-Winterymix
Currently Playing - Jetpack Joyride, Disc Drivin', Tactical Warrior, PvZ.