★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *Due to the high quality graphics this game is not recommended for older devices including the iPhone 4, iPod Touch, and iPad 1*

Experience what it's like to pilot an F18 and land on a navy aircraft carrier.

This isn't a typical flight simulator, it's a pilot simulator. Our engineers are dedicated to delivering an ultra realistic F18 simulator.

Every aspect of landing on an aircraft carrier is in this simulator, including multiple arresting cables, pilot nav system, cockpit chatter, and more.

The advanced physics system results in spectacular crashes. In some cases, failed landings are the most rewarding. Upload your crash replays directly to Youtube or save them on your device.

Think you can master landing on an aircraft carrier? Try your skills at Night, guided by the vis system, carrier lights, cockpit chatter, and the light of the moon.

No two landings are ever the same. See if you can rise the ranks of the leader board.

Features:
- Console quality graphics
- Day and night modes
- Full approach and quick approach modes
- Advanced crash physics system
- Replays from any angle
- Multiple camera views including fully modeled cockpit
- Fully modeled aircraft carrier including arresting cables, vis system, radar, etc.
- Landing grading system measures weight on the wheels, distance to center line, arresting cable touch points, etc.
- Leader boards and rankings

flightunlimited's comments:
F18 Pilot Simulator is now available. From the creators of Flight Unlimited Las Vegas








12-23-2013, 09:00 PM
#2
Looks very cool, wishlisted for now

12-23-2013, 11:26 PM
#3
Just CV landing? Where else do we do with this sim, other than staring at the ocean? Read that at the Upcoming but well, not very interesting, at least subpar before F14 Fleet Defender (meatball, rocking flat top, etc)

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
12-24-2013, 10:57 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Just CV landing? Where else do we do with this sim, other than staring at the ocean? Read that at the Upcoming but well, not very interesting, at least subpar before F14 Fleet Defender (meatball, rocking flat top, etc)

It's a lot more complicated than that. Every aspect of the landing is rated, including weight on the wheels, which arresting cable you hit, etc.
Most players can't land without crashing for a good 30 minutes. It's quite challenging.
12-24-2013, 11:26 AM
#6
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,336
Looks really polished and all. Are the instruments in cockpit accurate? Does it have ILS (or whatever guidance systems there are) etc? Or is it more arcade-ish?

Any night mode in this one? If not, would that be something to consider for a possible future update? Landing on a carrier in the middle of the night with only your instruments, and the lights from the carrier as guidance would make for some tense gameplay : )

Edit: missed the "night mode" in the appinfo, sorry!

Nm, Went a head and bought it, so I can hopefully check it all out later tonight.

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Last edited by chris1a; 12-24-2013 at 11:32 AM.
12-24-2013, 11:35 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Looks really polished and all. Are the instruments in cockpit accurate? Does it have ILS (or whatever guidance systems there are) etc? Or is it more arcade-ish?

Any night mode in this one? If not, would that be something to consider for a possible future update? Landing on a carrier in the middle of the night with only your instruments, and the lights from the carrier as guidance would make for some tense gameplay : )

Edit: missed the "night mode" in the appinfo, sorry!

Nm, Went a head and bought it, so I can hopefully check it all out later tonight.
This is a simulator, not an arcade title. The instruments in the cockpit are full functioning. We have the control tower talking you in for the landing as well as the ILS light system on deck. Yep, we also have a night mode.
12-24-2013, 11:41 AM
#8
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
This is a simulator, not an arcade title. The instruments in the cockpit are full functioning. We have the control tower talking you in for the landing as well as the ILS light system on deck. Yep, we also have a night mode.

Sounds great, thanks. Gonna give it a spin later hopefully, when things calm down. So, ILS and a dude talking me, what could go wrong? I'll nail the first wire on the first landing, and upload the video

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG
12-24-2013, 11:46 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Sounds great, thanks. Gonna give it a spin later hopefully, when things calm down. So, ILS and a dude talking me, what could go wrong? I'll nail the first wire on the first landing, and upload the video
Awesome! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
12-24-2013, 01:41 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,336
Mmmkay. No video, yet lol.

I've only tried the straight on approach, and I did grab a wire once. With my wing. So definitely challenging. I like it, it's polished, got great graphics.

I do want to see a sensitivity adjustment option for the tilt/movement. At least on the iPad, the slightest movement will have the plane react. That means that for every control input, flaps, rudder, throttle and so on, you will have the plane react quite aggressively to the slight iPad movement. So, a sensitivity option for the iPad tilt/movements, plus ability to move and resize all controls on screen (break, gear, flaps, rudder, throttle), and it's all golden!

Anyway, cought a wire, picture proof!

Right on the ball...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3fqy6laro...4.20.08.22.jpg



Ship hit a wave, but at least I cought the last wire...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k1xn6ulsi...4.20.10.57.jpg




And that's pretty much where I'm at with right now with my landings lol. Anyway, more breathing room with the on screen controls and the iPad movement (and adjustable positioning/size on the controls) will let you do more precise throttle and rudder adjustments without worrying about minor iPad movements. Other then that, if you got any interest in this sort of thing, I'd definitely get it and give it a try (it's only 2 bucks anyways). It's definitely one I'm gonna keep coming back to, but I hope the above control "issues" gonna get some more love tho

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Last edited by chris1a; 12-24-2013 at 01:55 PM.