Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-23-2013, 08:50 PM

Default F18 Pilot Simulator

F18 Pilot Simulator is now available. From the creators of Flight Unlimited Las Vegas

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Looks very cool, wishlisted for now
Old 12-23-2013, 11:26 PM

Just CV landing? Where else do we do with this sim, other than staring at the ocean? Read that at the Upcoming but well, not very interesting, at least subpar before F14 Fleet Defender (meatball, rocking flat top, etc)
Old 12-24-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Just CV landing? Where else do we do with this sim, other than staring at the ocean? Read that at the Upcoming but well, not very interesting, at least subpar before F14 Fleet Defender (meatball, rocking flat top, etc)

It's a lot more complicated than that. Every aspect of the landing is rated, including weight on the wheels, which arresting cable you hit, etc.
Most players can't land without crashing for a good 30 minutes. It's quite challenging.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 AM

Any impression?
Old 12-24-2013, 11:26 AM
iPad Air

Looks really polished and all. Are the instruments in cockpit accurate? Does it have ILS (or whatever guidance systems there are) etc? Or is it more arcade-ish?

Any night mode in this one? If not, would that be something to consider for a possible future update? Landing on a carrier in the middle of the night with only your instruments, and the lights from the carrier as guidance would make for some tense gameplay : )

Edit: missed the "night mode" in the appinfo, sorry!

Nm, Went a head and bought it, so I can hopefully check it all out later tonight.

Last edited by chris1a; 12-24-2013 at 11:32 AM..
Old 12-24-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Looks really polished and all. Are the instruments in cockpit accurate? Does it have ILS (or whatever guidance systems there are) etc? Or is it more arcade-ish?

Any night mode in this one? If not, would that be something to consider for a possible future update? Landing on a carrier in the middle of the night with only your instruments, and the lights from the carrier as guidance would make for some tense gameplay : )

Edit: missed the "night mode" in the appinfo, sorry!

Nm, Went a head and bought it, so I can hopefully check it all out later tonight.
This is a simulator, not an arcade title. The instruments in the cockpit are full functioning. We have the control tower talking you in for the landing as well as the ILS light system on deck. Yep, we also have a night mode.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:41 AM
iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
This is a simulator, not an arcade title. The instruments in the cockpit are full functioning. We have the control tower talking you in for the landing as well as the ILS light system on deck. Yep, we also have a night mode.

Sounds great, thanks. Gonna give it a spin later hopefully, when things calm down. So, ILS and a dude talking me, what could go wrong? I'll nail the first wire on the first landing, and upload the video
Old 12-24-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
Sounds great, thanks. Gonna give it a spin later hopefully, when things calm down. So, ILS and a dude talking me, what could go wrong? I'll nail the first wire on the first landing, and upload the video
Awesome! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
Old 12-24-2013, 01:41 PM
iPad Air

Mmmkay. No video, yet lol.

I've only tried the straight on approach, and I did grab a wire once. With my wing. So definitely challenging. I like it, it's polished, got great graphics.

I do want to see a sensitivity adjustment option for the tilt/movement. At least on the iPad, the slightest movement will have the plane react. That means that for every control input, flaps, rudder, throttle and so on, you will have the plane react quite aggressively to the slight iPad movement. So, a sensitivity option for the iPad tilt/movements, plus ability to move and resize all controls on screen (break, gear, flaps, rudder, throttle), and it's all golden!

Anyway, cought a wire, picture proof!

Right on the ball...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3fqy6laro...4.20.08.22.jpg

Ship hit a wave, but at least I cought the last wire...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k1xn6ulsi...4.20.10.57.jpg

And that's pretty much where I'm at with right now with my landings lol. Anyway, more breathing room with the on screen controls and the iPad movement (and adjustable positioning/size on the controls) will let you do more precise throttle and rudder adjustments without worrying about minor iPad movements. Other then that, if you got any interest in this sort of thing, I'd definitely get it and give it a try (it's only 2 bucks anyways). It's definitely one I'm gonna keep coming back to, but I hope the above control "issues" gonna get some more love tho

Last edited by chris1a; 12-24-2013 at 01:55 PM..