★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Apple should help coordinate bundled packages

12-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Apple should help coordinate bundled packages

For me personally, I've decided to no longer spend $9.99 on a game because of budgetary concerns and earlier ripoffs - and I think a lot of people think this as well, which might slow down some of the apps stores' "honeymoon". This is a shame since there are so many high quality games coming out around this time and the apps store may start to suffer.

Though 10 dollars is past my present limit, I would, however, be willing to $20for three 10 dollar games. I think that apple should help coordinate different developers who sell similar games and bundle-package some of the better stuff - that way we, the consumer, win since we're getting prety good games for a good individual discount, the developers win because they're getting money they wouldn't have gotten originally (since so many of us are now just waiting for prices to go down even further), and apple obviously wins.

Bundled games - I can't see any downside.
12-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Do we get to choose the games or are they chosen for us in the package. If so that would mean we spend money on a game we want and also spend money on a game we don't want. There is a downside.

12-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Well, how does this sound. Say there's a shopping cart kind of program on the apps store, but the prices noticeably go down individually as you're adding apps. So, just off the top of my head (just gonna add a cent to all prices to make it easier):

Click on Brothers in Arms: $10.00 = $10.00 total
Click on Kroll : $7.00 + $5.00 = $12.00 (savings of $3.00)
Click on Monopoly :$7.00 + $3.00 + $8.00 = $18.00 (savings of $5.00)
Click on Hero of Sparta :$7.00 + $3.00 + $5 + $10 = $25.00 (savings of $8.00)

This is just off the top of my head - perhaps the savings should be even greater. But I still think it would provide enough incentive for people to be buying these goods. Apple would have to figure how to properly reallocate the price of goods with some macro program, but I really think it could work!
12-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lab View Post
Do we get to choose the games or are they chosen for us in the package. If so that would mean we spend money on a game we want and also spend money on a game we don't want. There is a downside.
Or if you don't like one of the games you don't buy the bundle and can still buy just the game you like at it regular or sale price. Its not really a downside unless you are someone who can't pass up the fact that you get 2 games for one price...

Me personally, I dont see 2 DVDs boxed together and say, 'OH man I love that movie, and dang for $5 more than I would have paid I get a Steven Seagal movie too, I have to do it."

It is a very good idea and one of the many things that Apple is missing in their
store setup....

The checkout thing I dont like, Id rather control my own sales and that would essentially cut into my price without my permission.

>>>>>> All-In Poker Rocks!<<<<<<
Visit Birdsoft for great iOS apps and games. Follow our Twitter.
12-12-2008, 10:37 AM
perhaps if 5 actual dollars were worth 7 itunes dollars it would be much simpler to offer discounts instead of a direct 1-1 conversion when purchasing itunes cards.

They are guaranteed that they will get the customers $5 so why not sweeten it by giving an incentive to buy the cards?

PHARTGAMES
AutoMangle - 3D Vehicular combat
AlienMangle - 3D FPS WOOT!!!!
12-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Buy a $200 iTunes giftcard off eBay for $100 and bada- bing bada- boom, you are getting 50% off of games
01-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Bumpity bump bump bump
01-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vende View Post
Bumpity bump bump bump
I'll take your "bump"...when did this start sounding like a World of Warcraft forum btw?

You forgot the one "teeny weeny itsy bitsy" factor in all this...

The developers who make these games. Who's going to cover the costs of these games bundled together? I can see this happen with the bigger "publishers" but not the individual gaming companies...and I doubt Apple is going to pick up the tabs on these "savings".
01-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Let developers collude with one another and have them establish approrpiate compensation.
01-20-2009, 10:18 AM
...seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsoft View Post

The checkout thing I dont like, Id rather control my own sales and that would essentially cut into my price without my permission.
lol, cuz when someone wants to save me money I don't let them until I make sure that i'm not missing out on anything by paying full price.