Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-25-2013, 02:50 AM

Default F1 Race Stars™ - (by The Codemasters Software Company Limited)

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in Singapor. Size of the app is 367 MB.

Price in SG is Free

Requirements :
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

POWERSLIDE YOUR WAY TO VICTORY IN F1 RACE STARS™, fast and fun FORMULA ONE™ as you’ve never seen it before!

Use power-ups, hit jumps, powerslide around corners and speed through shortcuts as you jostle for position with the cast of F1 RACE STARS!

STUNNING ACTION-PACKED TRACKS!
Race 40 incredible circuits from 15 unique locations around the globe! Powerslide around tight and twisty Monaco, speed along a dragon’s back in China or rush down narrow canyons in the USA and more!

RACE THE STARS
Features all the cars, teams and drivers from the 2013 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ – can you beat Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and the rest of the gang?

CREATE YOUR OWN DRIVER
Play as your favourite star or create your own character and customise your car and driver with a huge selection of race suits and liveries! Kit yourself out as a Robot, Ninja or Wizard and race the Cow Car, ATV, Royal Carriage and many more!

GET POWERED-UP!
Use awesome power-ups scattered around each track – release homing bubbles to trap your rivals, call in wet weather to slow down the opposition or take short cuts to sneak to the front of the pack!

COLLECT AND COMBINE PERKS
Discover hundreds of Perks to boost your character’s skills – unlock and combine perks to improve your performance on the track and choose the perfect mix for your racing style!

SOCIAL FUN &MULTIPLAYER MAYHEM
Unlock over 50 achievements with Game Center, share your progress through Facebook and join the fun against your friends in local multiplayer games via WiFi and Bluetooth.

TILT AND TOUCH CONTROLS
Use tilt or on-screen controls for left and right handed players as you sprint for the chequered flag.

IMPORTANT:
- F1 RACE STARS requires iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 4 or newer, iPod Touch 5
- Privacy Policy is available at: http://terms.codemasters.com/en#privacy
iPhone Screenshots

Last edited by Sanuku; 12-25-2013 at 03:06 AM..
Old 12-25-2013, 02:51 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-25-2013, 03:52 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the video. Ha! A licensed Formula One comic/combat with cajoling caricatures (@ runtime 11:29 in Sanuku's video) of the original pilots! Mr. Ecclestone has a sense of humor obviously. Kind of hair-rising and over-lively racing circus (which F1 is indeed in real life). There's TOO much going on!

Looks like a frantic, funny (and a tiny bit hysteric) Asian software—but the publisher is British in it's origins (Wikipedia, I'm enjoying their Colin McRae Rally btw). They have some franchise relationships to Sega, NES, and Nintendo. On 9 June 2013, Reliance Big Entertainment (India) has increased it's stake in Codemasters from 50% to 60.41%, making Reliance the majority owner.

Love how the audience in the stadium mirrors the flags, some good ideas here. Looks more like a mixture of spiced up karting games Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Cro-Mag Rally.

Although the game is very polished—never seen such a perfectly animated and dramatic sounding payoff/clearance broadway show after the races—all this stuff (upgrading, shopping, TONS of items…) distracts heavily from the core gameplay which is: Racing. The uber-shiny shops (the design reminds a bit to the almost abandoned OpenFeint online scores service—remember?) almost let forget that. Those "limited time" offers (special offerings/sales of in-game items, perks… seen @ runtime 11:52 and a bit later) I've seen even in Ridge Racer Slipstream and I am not sure if I like them. I hate any timers except the stop watch of the laps of course. It's me who decides when I go shopping and IF I go shopping. Please no more pressure and stress.

Then there are rather long loading times owing to the extensive off-racing features obviously. On which device did you record the video? How was the gaming feeling, how were the controls?

Seems like I need to create a Singapore account… I couldn't find any additional info on the soft launch (don't bother visiting their website—the most recent news are from October). Let's hope that the "In-App Purchases" for real money aren't compulsory ones although the game seems to be 75% store and 25% racing. Despite your little disaster in the race @ 19:55 you made rank #3 and earned a lot of achievements—so it SEEMS to be pretty generous.

And… Did I read "local multiplayer"?!

Last edited by Habakuk; 12-25-2013 at 04:59 AM..
Old 12-25-2013, 04:25 AM

So amazing! Enjoying it!
Old 12-25-2013, 04:31 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The console version got great/good reviews if I remember correctly. This could be a great addition to the lackluster collection of Karting games on iOS.

Last edited by killercow; 12-25-2013 at 04:35 AM..
Old 12-25-2013, 04:59 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

This was enjoyable enough on the 360, but even on that the DLC was fairly expensive. Wonder how that will translate to IAPs? As long as they don't change too much, this will definitely be a strong Karter for iOS!
Old 12-25-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
And… Did I read "local multiplayer"?!
Old 12-25-2013, 06:07 AM

This looks really nice. Unfortunately I've never taken the time to open any other account than a US account.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:08 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^ Okay. Sold. Now I have to go out for work but when I'll return at home in a few hours I will create a new email address and a free Singapore iTunes account.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:09 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Wow. Where did that come from?

Wow. This one looks really good. Was a little bit surprised to see the real license but the gameplay video looked like a lot of fun. Multiplayer (local / online) is so great for this type of game. I hope that the IAP won't be to hard. I will give this one definitely a try when it's released in my country.