★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Saturday Night Fever, and More!!!

12-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Saturday Night Fever, and More!!!

Has anyone tried this or seen a video of it in action?

I've already found out that buying the Iron Man game is about as smart as buying Zombie Mansion...

I'd also like to see Age of Curling and Crazy Penguin Catapult reviewed or a video.

I know i'm asking alot, but if you've downloaded any of these, please let me know what you think!

Last edited by McGill; 12-12-2008 at 10:20 AM.
12-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday Night Fever is even worse than Iron Man....
The screen shots they provided pretty much sums it up IMO...
Got nothing to offer
12-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Age of Curling: nice graphics, smooth 3D engine, no sound, no CPU player. Developer is already working in the first update but there's no information about upcoming features. Right now it's a 3/5 but if you have the money you should try it.

Crazy Penguin Catapult: take a look at my post about Digital Chocolate games
12-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Saturday Night Fever looks a little like Elite Beat Agents (something I think the App Store really needs). I'm tempted to try it if it's like that game but will have to wait.

I'd love to get the curling game if it had a CPU opponent... I can't believe that the devs didn't put that in there. I plays games mostly when I'm waiting for people... I'm too busy to play when there are others around...
12-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Okay... started thinking about EBA and it made me at least try the $5 on SNF... and it basically is EBA with a disco soundtrack.

Not as cool as EBA... no story line or cool comic graphics, but it does have the same "touch the numbers when the circle closes in" feel to it. Really surprised that it seems like they have the actual songs in there. That may not be a plus for those that don't like disco, but I'm old and it's alright for me (though I'd really love an 80's version).

I was able to do quite well on the first song but then went to the hardest one available so far and got wasted pretty bad. Looks like there is that learning curve that EBA had. Graphics are also decent enough and the dancer has some good moves. Would have been nice to have more choices than just the two guys, but maybe that will come in updates (would be nice if they did some holiday themes like some of the games out there).

All in all SNF is not a bad little game. I'll see how it goes as I try more songs and see how the multiplayer is when I have a few others around.

Biggest minus right now seems to be that there are only four songs. Would be nice to see some more come out (updates?)