Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Developer

Default NUMTRIS - TETRIS with NUMBERS (by Ivanovich Games)

Universal & Free download: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id770145061

Last edited by ivanovich; 12-27-2013 at 02:36 AM..
Old 12-27-2013, 05:13 PM
iPad Air

Default Warning about developer's greed

I was enjoying the first 45 minutes of this game enough to pay for infinite lives and to remove ads, but soon after that — at level 18 — it was impossible to beat the level. I suspect the developer ramped up the difficulty to encourage suckers to pay for extra powers (purchased via in-app “coins”), but I’ve already paid enough. I wish I could get my money back; this developer created a nice game that is crippled by his greed.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Developer

Thanks for your feedback.

The difficulty level is gradual and of course that you can clear the level 18 with out use power-ups. In fact: It's impossible use power-ups in the level 18 even you want to pay for them. You only need practice and improve your own skill
Old 12-27-2013, 10:11 PM
iPad Air

To Ivanovich: The concept behind Numtris is clever, the graphics are wonderful, and the first dozen or so levels are fun to play and present a reasonable degree of challenge. I began to struggle with several of the levels between 13 - 18, but 18 appears to be impossible to complete unless the numbers eventually happen to fall in a winning pattern. Since you don't permit players to skip levels, I have no idea whether 18 is an anomaly and subsequent levels are more playable. In general, I think you have sped up the falling numbers much too fast after the first few minutes in each level; the game mechanic goes from enjoyable to extremely frustrating. If I hadn't paid you for infinite lives and to remove ads, and had simply been content to play the free version, I probably would have shrugged after playing for 45 minutes and thought to myself that I had fun for a while, and would have removed the game from my iPad at that point. This game has the potential to be very popular, but only if you change the difficulty by slowing down the falling speed of the numbers. If I have accused you unfairly of trying to get players to pay you for additional powers by making levels impossible to complete without buying in-app powers, I apologize...but that is the impression I had after playing your game today.

Last edited by Grist; 12-27-2013 at 10:46 PM..
Old 12-27-2013, 11:29 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
...18 appears to be impossible to complete
I just completed level 18 in my first attempt, quite easily, so it's definitely possible. Tried level 18 two more times to see if it was just lucky numbers.... failed the second attempt, but completed it again on the 3rd attempt.

Quite an enjoyable free game actually, except for the timers kicking in.

Last edited by Red1; 12-27-2013 at 11:49 PM..
Old 12-28-2013, 01:13 AM
Developer

Here my first attempt just now with the level 18

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-28-2013, 08:50 AM
iPad Air

Thanks for posting a video for level 18. I didn't realize diagonal moves were possible until seeing your video. I will now revise my review and increase my star rating on the App Store.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
Thanks for posting a video for level 18. I didn't realize diagonal moves were possible until seeing your video. I will now revise my review and increase my star rating on the App Store.
Really thanks!
We are working in a update that integrate a small tool to share tips about our games because there is some tips that are very useful and some levels needs imagination to find the best way to "attack" them.

For example:
- Create numbers with the sum of more than 2 numbers. Example: 1+1+2
- Create combos. Try for example create 2x2 + 3x3 in a single movement. This is really cool and great for high scores
- Activate only one ice power-up and then create multiple joins and a really big combo.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:04 AM
Developer

Hi,

We're receiving some mails and one private message in TA about how to clear the "hard numbers" of some levels.

The hint is use the lasers and the combos

To create a laser you must joint more than 3 numbers: For example join 4+4+4+4 but other option is for example a combo of 2+2+2+2 This is great because compared to 2+2 and 2+2 this option generate more score and a nice laser

Here a example of how to use lasers and combos to clear the complicated level 44 plenty of hard numbers:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 01-01-2014, 05:35 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I have played a lot of Numtris and am now stuck on level 84. How on earth can I clear the screen FOUR TIMES !!!!