★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: C-kaku

08-07-2009, 09:35 PM
C-kaku

C-kaku - FREE Ultra sale!!!

You can play c-kaku free with all features.
TRY IT NOW!

C-kaku is an action game in which the only thing you have to do is to collect green squares and avoid enemies. You can control your entity by tapping the screen.
This game is designed for all ages and is very simple and easy to play, but not so easy to get the high score. It is very addictive to play and compete with players all over the world.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 08-07-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: fixed link
08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Link sucks

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

08-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Just a heads up

This game has a great soundtrack, graphics, and overall style. The dev must be a graphic designer. The core gameplay idea is good and the ancillary systems are also good. You guide the dot around to pick up the squares. Getting 10 squares in sequences, triggers a combo that releases stars that provide more points. The enemies kill when touched, but provide points if you instead hover near them.

The control is somewhat slow, intentionally, and a bit frustrating as your finger often obstructs your dot. They really need to opt for Bullet Hell style control, in which you control the dot from elsewhere, but if I were you, I would snag it now, in hopes for an update. It is also possible that this won't bother you and will enjoy it right away. I'm playing it.

Oh and it's FREE, so you can't really complain!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Just got this game and it PWNS!
Get it NOW, even if you have to delete some games to get it.
Online leaderboards?
Wow.

And how much?
FREE!

08-07-2009, 09:52 PM
@djflippy its supposed to be slow

Love the artwork!

08-07-2009, 09:52 PM
this game is great! just wish my finger doesnt always get in the way, make it touch and control from anywhere like in rRootage or something in a next update
08-07-2009, 09:53 PM
you can tap anywhere on the screen to make it go there, the farther away the faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
Something along the lines of "You have bought 10 hats! A new hat is available for purchase in the store". But no hat.

Edit: I realize I am overly concerned about this hat.
08-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
@djflippy its supposed to be slow

Love the artwork!
Yes, that is what the word "intentionally" means.

08-07-2009, 10:32 PM
There are two powerups:
  • The blue triangle is a shield. It protects you from (and kills) your enemies and lasts 15 seconds.
  • The green triangle is a speed up. Your speed is doubled for 15 seconds.
There is also a Black Hole entity that draws you towards it.

I believe your dot travels at the same rate, regardless of the tap distance.

08-07-2009, 10:57 PM
oh, haha just realized the illusion. the blocks travel at different speeds :P im an idiot :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
Something along the lines of "You have bought 10 hats! A new hat is available for purchase in the store". But no hat.

Edit: I realize I am overly concerned about this hat.