★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Moga ace power works with iPad

12-27-2013, 04:43 AM
#1
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: East Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 83
Moga ace power works with iPad

Not sure if anyone's already covered this but I bought an extension cable that I can plug in to my iPad and my Moga ace power controller and it works. It's not ideal but it's better than nothing right now.

If you buy an extension cable, make sure it works with ios7 as some don't.
12-27-2013, 06:26 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 526
Very interesting. Could you post a picture? Would like to see that in action.

12-27-2013, 08:48 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by derkoi View Post
Not sure if anyone's already covered this but I bought an extension cable that I can plug in to my iPad and my Moga ace power controller and it works. It's not ideal but it's better than nothing right now.

If you buy an extension cable, make sure it works with ios7 as some don't.
Awesome discovery man. The response time isnt affected by having an extra cord?
12-27-2013, 06:14 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: East Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar0d View Post
Very interesting. Could you post a picture? Would like to see that in action.
Sure. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Awesome discovery man. The response time isnt affected by having an extra cord?
Doesn't seem to be from what I've played so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 27-12-2013 11 07 35 pm.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	67300  
12-27-2013, 08:36 PM
#5
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
Looks very strange. Not really the ipad stick I was hoping for.
12-27-2013, 09:09 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Looks very strange. Not really the ipad stick I was hoping for.
But as it works, i'll be glad to take it.

Although i'd still want the bluetooth controller in Bladepad though.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-27-2013, 10:44 PM
#7
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
But as it works, i'll be glad to take it.

Although i'd still want the bluetooth controller in Bladepad though.
Why waste $100? Just wait a couple of months. There will be a good detached bluetooth joystick sometime during our lifetime.
12-28-2013, 02:15 AM
#8
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: East Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 83
I would of preferred a Bluetooth controller but I'm a developer and waited long enough to get a controller for adding support to my games. I didn't feel comfortable adding support without testing.
12-28-2013, 04:05 AM
#9
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Why waste $100? Just wait a couple of months. There will be a good detached bluetooth joystick sometime during our lifetime.
Coz im getting a 5S soon.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-28-2013, 05:27 AM
#10
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by derkoi View Post
I would of preferred a Bluetooth controller but I'm a developer and waited long enough to get a controller for adding support to my games. I didn't feel comfortable adding support without testing.
Well, it's cool that it works. Guess if one has an iphone 5, it maybe worth it to use it that way. Hope something shows up at CES that can be used by both ipads and iphones.