★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Aura Strategy Board Game FREE

08-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Aura Strategy Board Game FREE

$0.99
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=325858156&mt=8

Quote:
Outwit your opponent in this fun game of strategy! Aura cleverly mixes the feeling of Chess and Checkers with a bit of finger painting to create a unique new experience!

Features:
For 1 or 2 players
4 difficulty settings
Interactive training
Unlimited UNDO
Auto saving
08-07-2009, 10:50 PM
How is this played? What exactly are we suppose to do?

08-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
How is this played? What exactly are we suppose to do?
my friend....i have no idea

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
my friend....i have no idea
You are supposed to win the game
08-07-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm really enjoying this one.

It's kind of like a checkers type game where the goal is to take the other pieces.

Pieces increase their strength by changing the color of tiles. An example: Move a red piece from the very bottom of the board to the very top and it increases in value from a 1 to an 8 (The base value plus the seven tiles touching it). If another piece cuts through the red line you just created, then the value of the red piece will drop.

The diagram at the top shows that the green piece is selected and which targets are valid.

To take a piece it must be a valid target and your piece must have a value equal to or greater than the piece you take.
08-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
I'm really enjoying this one.

It's kind of like a checkers type game where the goal is to take the other pieces.

Pieces increase their strength by changing the color of tiles. An example: Move a red piece from the very bottom of the board to the very top and it increases in value from a 1 to an 8 (The base value plus the seven tiles touching it). If another piece cuts through the red line you just created, then the value of the red piece will drop.

The diagram at the top shows that the green piece is selected and which targets are valid.

To take a piece it must be a valid target and your piece must have a value equal to or greater than the piece you take.
Ugh...is it more like checkers or chess cause thats a breaker

08-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post

Ugh...is it more like checkers or chess cause thats a breaker
More like Chess in the use of strategy. I was thinking checkers cause you just have to take out all the pieces you can.

The "basic" 3 colors move like rooks. The 3 "advanced" colors (made after a basic takes another basic and the colors mix) move like queens.

Depending on which side you are on you also get 2 white or black pieces. They add their value any friendly piece that is touching it's trail.

There's a lot of strategy involved since in one move you can have a 22 yellow become a 1 yellow.
08-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
More like Chess in the use of strategy. I was thinking checkers cause you just have to take out all the pieces you can.

The "basic" 3 colors move like rooks. The 3 "advanced" colors (made after a basic takes another basic and the colors mix) move like queens.

Depending on which side you are on you also get 2 white or black pieces. They add their value any friendly piece that is touching it's trail.

There's a lot of strategy involved since in one move you can have a 22 yellow become a 1 yellow.
Bingo thats the answer i wanted lol thanks, sounds really unique, gonna download now

08-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Promo Codes

Hey all, I am the developer of Aura. I am glad to see my game is being well received. It is my first published game and I am very excited about it. I would be happy to offer promo codes in exchange for itunes reviews. First come first serve. If anyone wants one, let me know.
08-10-2009, 08:19 PM
I would like to check this out. Looks like a fun game. Happy to post review / impressions.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer