Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-28-2013, 03:27 AM

Default Manyland: A massive multicitizen 2d sandbox universe

We're two indie devs and a growing community of manyzens inventing a whole universe together... with total freedom to shape every pixel in it, including your houses, oceans, bodies, vehicles and everything you see! Love to see you in the world and hear your thoughts, as we constantly update things with new features and optimizations. Over a million blocks placed by all of you!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/manyland/id657739357

Here's some of the things you can do in Manyland: http://i.imgur.com/V24wEBo.jpg

A video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mkkuGTlJR4

Last edited by Philipp; 12-28-2013 at 03:34 AM..
Old 12-28-2013, 02:17 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I'm loving this! But really laggy unfortunately which is why it warns a good connection is needed of course.. But I do have adsl broadband.. But Aussie broadband is much slower than that fancy USA broadband.. Love the game nonetheless ..still getting a hang of it but it's a brilliant concept!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:31 PM

It's properly multiplayer too. I had once person ask if I was a chick ( I think she was a newbie helper though so that's fine), I had one person invite me to help them build, and I had one person abusing me for zero reason. I think there's a word filter though because they just got even more irate after that

I really like the concept of wandering around collecting copies of blocks that you like, then going to build something of your own with them. There's some people that are good enough to make their own pixel art, but I'm not so I can just borrow what I find
Old 12-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Snozberry, this is interesting feedback, thanks, could you please tell me which generation iPad you have? We had good results testing with iPad 2 and e.g. iPad Air, but I had some refresh rate issues with iPad 3 unfortunately (being the first with Retina). Certain types of lags are dependent on the connection, other types of lags may indicate iPad generation issues. We hope to continue optimize in the future! If you have a desktop with Chrome, also try to join at manyland.com to see if the lag disappears.

Snotty, glad you like it! There's SO much to do and discover... building item throwers, mounting vehicles, using portals, and much more! If you have any issues upranking to 5 (which is when you can start using everything), please let me know at philipp@manyland.com
Old 12-28-2013, 07:47 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp View Post
Snozberry, this is interesting feedback, thanks, could you please tell me which generation iPad you have? We had good results testing with iPad 2 and e.g. iPad Air, but I had some refresh rate issues with iPad 3 unfortunately (being the first with Retina). Certain types of lags are dependent on the connection, other types of lags may indicate iPad generation issues. We hope to continue optimize in the future! If you have a desktop with Chrome, also try to join at manyland.com to see if the lag disappears.

Snotty, glad you like it! There's SO much to do and discover... building item throwers, mounting vehicles, using portals, and much more! If you have any issues upranking to 5 (which is when you can start using everything), please let me know at philipp@manyland.com

iPad mini running iOS 7, not JB. Closed all the multitasking tabs too.. Possibly my Internet.. But I play other MMOs without problems..so I'm not sure.. Might try it on my computer at some point.. I didn't know that was an option.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:21 AM

Thanks Snozberry! I'll be with my iPad Mini testing device on January 3rd and will investigate! Sorry for this!

Last edited by Philipp; 12-29-2013 at 09:05 AM..
Old 12-29-2013, 08:05 AM

Thanks, the screenshots are nice.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-29-2013, 10:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp View Post
Thanks Snozberry! I'll be with my iPad Mini testing device on January 3rd and will investigate! Sorry for this!
I really think it's a problem with my Internet..trang up my carrier about a problem I had with my phone weeks ago, and they think the filter is damaged, which would affect both both and Internet.
I played it for a while at my mates house yesterday and it run a lot smoother.
It might just be because I didn't restart my device, ever since uograding to iOS 7 I've noticed I've needed to restart my device after every new installation.
I'll have another play and see if it's running smoothly at home again now, in a sec.

I reckon you should add locks where users can secure a piece of land, I'm really surprised you've worked so hard on such a wonderfully creative game but haven't got a single IAP! That's crazy!
Alright, I'll go and have another play and let you know what's happening now, after device restart, and 2am where most people should be asleep and now slowing down the net.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:17 AM

Thanks Snoz please keep us updated on the performance, and if you have lags, please describe how they appear (every few seconds when running?).

Yes we worked on this for around a year and a half now and have many features planned for 2014! It's a great joy to see the world grow and many great people join. IAPs are not the point at the moment... we have one top priority, happiness of everyone in Manyland. Everything else will follow that. To have a sustainable world we may in the future evolve a form of revenues together with all of you, but that too will follow this priority.