★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Internet Defense ($1.99)

08-08-2009, 02:30 AM
Internet Defense ($1.99)

Internet Defense is a fast-paced action game packed with old-school arcade style fun. You take on the role of a server admin, defending your precious website from the relentless assault of mindless creeps and dastardly hackers.

Are you a bad enough dude to save the internet?

Features
- 10 Detailed creeps to assault your servers, each with different tactics.
- 6 Nefarious villains to thwart.
- Endless Defense mode, with high scores recorded across play sessions.
- In-Game manual explaining the different enemies and their powers.
- Epic Win.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=325650142&mt=8

08-08-2009, 02:31 AM
lolwut
08-08-2009, 02:40 AM
ZOMG!!!
08-08-2009, 02:59 AM
Just tried this. (Dev wants a review and the screenshots weren't enough to give me any idea what this game was about, so I threw a code at it.) Basically it's a combination tapping/shooter game. You've got a few weapons at your disposal -- the trusty and unlimited banhammer, the firewall, and a laser you can drag around to zap enemies. There are a variety of enemies, some take multiple hits, some are invulnerable to certain weapons, some morph from one enemy with one particular immunity to another, some teleport. Periodically you get to upgrade a weapon of your choice to increase its effectiveness.

It's okay. The music is decent, the sound is a bit annoying at times (the level-up trumpet-type ditty that usually precedes a call of "Charge!" is particularly annoying) and it uses the default volume control, so it's ringer volume for us iPhone users. Bad mojo.

There are a lot of different enemies and a lot of different immunities you have to remember, which is only made harder by the ones that morph into other creeps with different immunities, and with rapid the pacing of the game it's hard to get into when there's too much to memorize the first time around. It would probably be okay if it introduced each time of enemy one round at a time, and it starts off doing that, but then it's just like it says "Oh, bugger it," and throws a bunch of crap at you.

Also, the graphics are kind of Geocities-circa-1998, which may or may not have been intentional given the cornball cyber theme.

It's not a bad idea, and the game itself isn't bad, it all just struck me as kind of meh. Needs some work. good music though. Much as I hate to encourage the dollar store trend, this one's a 99-center in its current state.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 08-08-2009 at 03:02 AM.