★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iStar Force Fighter is out!!!!

08-08-2009, 08:28 AM
iStar Force Fighter is out!!!!

iStar Force Fighter is available on AppStore
http://www.itunes.com/apps/istarforcefighter

iStar Force Fighter is massive arcade action with amazing 3D graphics in 5 planetary systems.
It includes highscore synching where you can synch your highscore with a global highscore.
Choose your position to play and have fun!
A lot of enemy space fighters, mother-ships, space mines, asteroids and end-bosses will stand in your way
trying to prevent your spaceship from infiltrating into enemy's rear and accomplishing your mission.
Pick up different glowing power-ups on the way and get more energy, shields, lives or stronger weapons.

Features:

- Massive arcade with amazing 3D graphics
- Cinematic soundtracks & sfx
- 5 planetary systems
- 5 different player-spaceships
- A lot of enemy space fighters and end bosses
- Destroyable asteroid fields and space mines
- Power-ups for more energy, shields, lives or stronger weapons
- Highscore synching - synch your local highscore with a global highscore.
- Accelerator or virtual arcade stick control

Ingame Videos on Youtube:

YouTube:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Screenshots:

Last edited by Prab; 08-08-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: embedded youtube video
08-08-2009, 08:36 AM
looks definitely interesting. Was about to create a thread but you beat me by 2 minutes

08-08-2009, 08:44 AM
This certainly looks cool...maybe a little limited in what you can do and how you can move, but definitely thinking about this one. I just wish developers would catch a clue about these iNames though. How about just "Star Force Fighter"?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
This certainly looks cool...maybe a little limited in what you can do and how you can move, but definitely thinking about this one. I just wish developers would catch a clue about these iNames though. How about just "Star Force Fighter"?
there is a commendore 64 game that is called star force fighter so they probably dont want ppl to think its a port or remake of that game.

Playing: Minigore, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Madden 10, Worms, Need For Speed: Shift, Alive-4-Ever, Hybrid Eternal Whisper, Blades Of Fury, Resident Evil 4, GTA: CW, C&C Red Alert.
Waiting: Bioshock, Hardgore, Astro Ranch, Mirrors Edge, ZombieSmash, Rayman,
08-08-2009, 09:47 AM
I gave this one a shot. Fun but short. It's similar to Top Gun but in space like Rebel Onslaught.

Unless I'm missing something, it seems that the 5 planetary systems equates to just 5 missions. The only thing that will bring you back is the global high scores, which is definitely a good addition.

Overall, what's here is good. I hope we can get some additional content in the future.
08-08-2009, 09:57 AM
All right, so I picked this up, and my initial pre-buy thoughts were pretty spot-on...it looks really nice. The graphics are stellar, but you are quite limited in how you move. You are bound to within the screen, and that's not really a problem normally, but I know that a lot of people think all space flying games should be free roaming. The two control options both work well with a responsive joystick and easy accelerometer calibration. The backgrounds are very nice with some great color and texture work. There are plenty of enemies to shoot at along with asteroids to blast as well. I played in the easy mode, and it was certainly easy. I'm hoping the hard mode ramps up the challenge accordingly. My biggest gripe with the game is length. Don't expect a long experience. The "Five planetary systems" they mention in the description is the five levels in the game. I finished in about 15 minutes. Once I did, however, I unlocked one of the ships that was unavailable to me at the beginning. I think my expectations were off, after playing it seems this is supposed to be played all five levels in one sitting with the goal being high scores. You can boost those scores with power-ups that are liberally found throughout the levels. You can also post scores to a global leaderboard, although I was unable to connect my only attempt. My favorite level in the game included flying through a ship avoiding beams while attempting to blast enemies. I would really like the developer to add more levels that incorporate this. They are more fun than the open space levels by far, and add a nice level of difficulty. The only time I lost a ship in easy mode was when I crashed into a beam. I know I listed some negatives, but I'm going to recommend this, because the best praise I can give a game is that I'm going to play it a lot. I really think this is one that I'll play a lot, because in a weird way, its short length works to its advantage for me. I don't play Galaxy on Fire a whole lot, because it's something I feel I have to devote quite a bit of time to. This could be much more of a pick up and play experience with some truly nice graphics, and a nice Star Wars vibe to it which I appreciate. So, if this sounds appealing to you, go ahead and give it a spin.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-12-2009, 07:48 AM
ohh I have just look the high score list and 413.000 points is difficult to beat. You can get high points when you play the game in hard mode.
08-29-2009, 06:04 AM
here some promotional codes for free download: (only for USA)

EM9FPJ7F9PN7 (used)
E76M6N9P6A3M (used)
M7APHFHEJJ7E (used)
JLY7HJHMTNN4 (used)
TWM4F67LT7LK (used)

please post your code that you have used.

Last edited by Gaspedal; 08-29-2009 at 11:26 AM.
08-29-2009, 06:21 AM
Send a message via ICQ to JCik68 Send a message via Skype™ to JCik68
Used M7APHFHEJJ7E thank you

Add me @ Gamecenter - JCik#68
08-29-2009, 06:39 AM
many thanks, got TWM4F67LT7LK
Will put up review on itunes and comments here...

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...