★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How do you manage to Play all your installed games?

12-30-2013, 10:27 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,614
How do you manage to Play all your installed games?

I have 80 Games installed that Consumes 23Gig of space but i don't play all of them.

I currently play FFIV and will be followed by Chaos Rings II, Aralon, Ravensword, FFT:WotL, FFV, GTA:SA

Have numbers of quick play games but i only open them when i feel like playing them.
12-31-2013, 01:49 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Europe, CET
Posts: 1,272
I don't.
Yes, that simple. I have quite the backlog of time-intensive games too (e.g. Baldur's Gate, Blazing Souls Accelate), easily 200+ hours, and only very limited time to play each day.
Even with my specialised tastes, my backlog is growing slowly but steadily.

What I am trying to do now:
I no longer buy every game I want on release. Instead, they go on my shopping list. Whenever I finish one of the current backlog games, I might get another one from the list, depending on what I feel like playing next.

Also, I radically cleaned out when moving to my Air. E.g. I had over a dozen gamebooks I knew I was never going to finish, but kept them on nonetheless.

Anyways, good luck to you Your list looks like you have 100+ hours lined up.

12-31-2013, 03:35 AM
#3
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
I don't.
Yes, that simple. I have quite the backlog of time-intensive games too (e.g. Baldur's Gate, Blazing Souls Accelate), easily 200+ hours, and only very limited time to play each day.
Even with my specialised tastes, my backlog is growing slowly but steadily.

What I am trying to do now:
I no longer buy every game I want on release. Instead, they go on my shopping list. Whenever I finish one of the current backlog games, I might get another one from the list, depending on what I feel like playing next.

Also, I radically cleaned out when moving to my Air. E.g. I had over a dozen gamebooks I knew I was never going to finish, but kept them on nonetheless.

Anyways, good luck to you Your list looks like you have 100+ hours lined up.

I never though of that.

Do you have quick play games like Temple Run or Badland?
12-31-2013, 04:30 AM
#4
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,777
I try to finish at least two games per week. It usually do platformers and games that has an end first. Other games get deleted over time (IAP blockades (CtR2), bad controls (SA), sluggish behavior(SP)).Colossatron is next and almost finished. Stealth Inc is next. Starborn Anarchist is the test subject now. In the end it balances itself.
12-31-2013, 04:37 AM
#5
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,614
I have the attitude of not to delete a game if i liked it even though i finished it already.
12-31-2013, 07:07 AM
#6
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Europe, CET
Posts: 1,272
ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by vii-Lucky View Post
I never though of that. Do you have quick play games like Temple Run or Badland?
Not these two, but I have games for a quick play too. Mine currently are Epoch2, Strike Wing (which find quite "high pressure", not good to relax e.g. on a smokebreak at work), Spacehulk, Talisman and Ascendancy. And then, I can always read something if I don't feel like diving into a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vii-Lucky View Post
I have the attitude of not to delete a game if i liked it even though i finished it already.
I did that too in the beginning. And I still do it, but to a lesser extent. Now, I try to clean up once every two months or so. If I want a game back for another play, I can always redownload it, or sync it back from my laptop.
Not that I had to worry about available space so far, I went for 64GB with both my iPad2 and now the Air for a reason. My first iThingie was a gift, iPod3 with only 8GB, which I filled up quite fast.
12-31-2013, 08:19 AM
#7
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 653
I cleaned out my iTouch earlier this week. Usually I keep a game if I like it, but if it has no replayability or anything to keep me going back, I'll delete it. Ideally, I delete IAP riddled free to play games (some 2 gig games I don't play anymore, too), but I've kept a few (RR3). Although I do have a lot of "endless" type games, I do have a lot of limited games that you actually have to beat in which I've never gotten around to. I keep most games but do a clean up every month or so, and new games are always more played than current ones (usually). Its really a matter of what I'm in the mood for.
12-31-2013, 09:41 AM
#8
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 4,596
I'm annoyingly OCD about these kinds of things and I have similar issues, what with pretty much the same kind of backlog as you: Square Enix, Baldur's Gate, Ravenswords, just a massive collection of life-consuming RPGs amongst others.

I tend to organise all of my games into folders of genres like Roguelikes, ARPGs, Strategy etc. then I look through the folders and see which games are pretty similar to others in regards to the gameplay itch they scratch, for example Shadowrun Returns and XCOM. That's when I make the heartbreaking decision of which to delete; it's rarely easy but the alternative would be me umming and ahhing and then choosing something simpler like Boson X instead so no progress was made.

This way, when I finally finish the first game and delete it, I get to go through my purchase history and find the other games and it feels like a brand new purchase again. I know I'm an oddball and it won't suit others, but it's how I get through my 400+ backlog!
12-31-2013, 12:44 PM
#9
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Never do. Had 700 games on my ipad, now ditched most cause I never play them all.
12-31-2013, 01:43 PM
#10
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,201
I don't either. My 64GB iPad is almost full. I need to complete and delete lots of them!