★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

'Different' TD Games?

08-08-2009, 11:32 AM
#1
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Termina
Posts: 1,601
'Different' TD Games?

What Tower Defense games have a unique concept that make them more fun to play than normal ones? Are there any upcoming ones, or do you have any ideas for them?

What I mean would be, for example, a TD game where you control the monsters, upgrading them and buying more for your army. You can buy certain ones with their own traits and maybe even upgrade their individual weakness to certain elements/weapons eg fire, plasma etc.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
08-08-2009, 11:39 AM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
What Tower Defense games have a unique concept that make them more fun to play than normal ones? Are there any upcoming ones, or do you have any ideas for them?

What I mean would be, for example, a TD game where you control the monsters, upgrading them and buying more for your army. You can buy certain ones with their own traits and maybe even upgrade their individual weakness to certain elements/weapons eg fire, plasma etc.
I don't think there are any of those on the iPhone, sorry. The best TD I know of in that vein is actually a Warcraft 3 mod.

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter

08-08-2009, 11:39 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
What Tower Defense games have a unique concept that make them more fun to play than normal ones? Are there any upcoming ones, or do you have any ideas for them?

What I mean would be, for example, a TD game where you control the monsters, upgrading them and buying more for your army. You can buy certain ones with their own traits and maybe even upgrade their individual weakness to certain elements/weapons eg fire, plasma etc.
Elemental Monster TD.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-08-2009, 12:03 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
What Tower Defense games have a unique concept that make them more fun to play than normal ones? Are there any upcoming ones, or do you have any ideas for them?

What I mean would be, for example, a TD game where you control the monsters, upgrading them and buying more for your army. You can buy certain ones with their own traits and maybe even upgrade their individual weakness to certain elements/weapons eg fire, plasma etc.
Dude get defender chronicles you can upgrade your defenders using skill points and buying items. Get it now that it's on sale!!

Favorite games: harbor master, star hogs, defender chronicles, zenonia,galcon, eliminate, and nova
Twitter and gameloft live username: nico7575
openfeint and plus+ username : nico75 add me
08-08-2009, 12:38 PM
#5
What he said ^^^

Its the best on it and mainly cos it changes the regular formula. There are tonnes of rpg elements to the game as well as the different view and towers.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
08-08-2009, 08:43 PM
#6
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1,418
Use the thread in my sig.

Under "special and unique features" you can look for something that appeals to you.

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee
08-08-2009, 08:52 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico75 View Post
Dude get defender chronicles you can upgrade your defenders using skill points and buying items. Get it now that it's on sale!!
own it, but i dont thinks its the best td, its okay compared to elemental

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-21-2009, 01:57 PM
#8
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 754
i like sentinel 2, as it has the boost tower to powerup its surrounding towers. it also has several emergency abilities like slowing down everything and stuff.

defender chronicles is cool as it has upgrades to your character, not just towers.

creeps in unique as they have crossovers with pocket god and doodle jump
08-21-2009, 03:12 PM
#9
I really hate the ones that aren't true TD games. A little hybrid is fine, e.g. Defender Chronicles, but the others are just not the same...
08-21-2009, 03:21 PM
#10
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneUser View Post
I really hate the ones that aren't true TD games. A little hybrid is fine, e.g. Defender Chronicles, but the others are just not the same...
Sounds like you're not a true TD player if you're put off by a little experimentation

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ