Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-01-2014, 10:24 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (By SEGA)

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
By SEGA

Price: $6.49 (NZ) / $4.99 (US)
Size: 1.02 GB

Quote:
It’s Not Just Racing… it’s Racing Transformed!

Race as Sonic and a host of legendary All-Stars and prepare to transform! Speed across land, sea and air in a high velocity battle to the finish line, as your amazing transformable vehicle changes from car to boat to plane mid-race. Racing on mobile will never be the same again!

LEGENDARY RACERS
Race as 10 legendary racers at launch each with their own unique transformable vehicle. Plus many more All-Stars coming soon!

DYNAMIC TRACKS
Take to land, sea & air as you race through dynamically changing courses. Discover alternate routes, find new power-ups and avoid emerging hazards as you race to victory – every track feels different.

DESIGNED FOR MOBILE
A brand new World Tour has been designed for gaming on the go, plus Daily and Weekly Challenges test your racing prowess.

ULTIMATE MOBILE MULTIPLAYER
Take on your friends in ultracompetitive 4-player races, both online and locally. Plus challenge your friends’ best times to show them who is the best.

SOCIALLY CONNECTED
Comprehensive Facebook integration – see your friends’ profile pics on the track and take them down.

MULTIPLE CONTROLS
Choose to play with touch or tilt controls, or even use a controller to race!

Last edited by iANiMeX; 01-02-2014 at 01:08 AM..
Old 01-01-2014, 10:31 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

The IAPs are really bad in this game.

You have a freemium-like system with two currencies (rings and stars) and you have to pay with them to do races with higher difficulty levels than easy. When you not make it to the top-3, you will get less rings than you paid before.

There is an option to unlock all races, but therefore you have to pay additional 8,99€.

The gameplay is quite nice, but when I was testing the game a week ago I thought ist would be a freemium-game without a price.

Some impressions in our gameplay-video. You can play the game with the MOGA Controller, but for the menus you still need to touch...

http://youtu.be/3s2-CIi1g30
Old 01-01-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appgefahren View Post

You have a freemium-like system with two currencies (rings and stars) and you have to pay with them to do races with higher difficulty levels than easy. When you not make it to the top-3, you will get less rings than you paid before.

There is an option to unlock all races, but therefore you have to pay additional 8,99€.

The gameplay is quite nice, but when I was testing the game a week ago I thought ist would be a freemium-game without a price.

Some impressions in our gameplay-video. You can play the game with the MOGA Controller, but for the menus you still need to touch...

If you can unlock all races for that much (around $9.99 US), it's reasonable in comparison with the console and handheld price. So, no, I would not say that the IAP are "really bad" -- in fact, they're kind of ideal.

Really bad would be timers and "energy" for racing (like Real Racing 3 and ABG)
Old 01-01-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appgefahren View Post

Had me worried there for a second.

Basically it's less than $15 to unlock everything then (including the original app price) and avoid all iAPs.

Seems like a steal to me.

The console version is better than Mario Kart. I know that sounds like total lies, but the tracks in this game are amazing.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:52 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Glad this is coming out, nice game to get before i return to work !

Hopefully the IAP's arent too bad, i wish devs would forget 'facebook integration' though, do people really annoy their friends/family with lots of crap like that ?

Anyway hopefully the game will be decent, instant purchase for me later
Old 01-01-2014, 10:53 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Glad this is coming out, nice game to get before i return to work !

Hopefully the IAP's arent too bad, i wish devs would forget 'facebook integration' though, do people really annoy their friends/family with lots of crap like that ?

Anyway hopefully the game will be decent, instant purchase for me later
Yes, that's how CCS got popular
Old 01-01-2014, 11:02 AM

Seem iAP quite bad, will give it a try
Old 01-01-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Max_ View Post
Seem iAP quite bad, will give it a try
Bad in what way? Again, if you can unlock everything for a price, you have the option to go for a premium experience. What's bad about that?
Old 01-01-2014, 11:06 AM

Is Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue actually in it? Sega's Twitter has been teasing him all along and apparently it was just to hype up the iOS/Android release
Old 01-01-2014, 11:08 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Hmm... can everything be unlocked without paying more? I'm fine with grinding, especially in this game... I've still got the original Sonic Racing on my phone... so I'm pretty sure this one will stay on for quite some time...

Or is half the game locked off, only to be had by throwing down more money?