★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Power Towers New tower defense game

12-12-2008, 12:32 PM
#1
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 26
Power Towers New tower defense game

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...299519246&mt=8

Looks like another tower defense game has hit the app store. Being as I like tower defense games however, I am slightly interested. Has anyone played it? Impressions?
12-12-2008, 12:45 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhenry114 View Post
http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...299519246&mt=8

Looks like another tower defense game has hit the app store. Being as I like tower defense games however, I am slightly interested. Has anyone played it? Impressions?
I love TD games but I don't think I'm going to get this one though i'm really debating it.

The enemies are carbon copies of the Creeps found in DTD

I know the dev of DTD was looking for someone to port it to the iphone but there is no info on either devs blogs. =/

12-12-2008, 02:13 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 296
this looks lame. I have Feildrunners and TapDefence. Those two are awesome. I'll need something that somehow tops those two to even consider buying a new TD game.
12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: United States of America
Posts: 2,210
I just recently got iTD and highly recommend it for $2. Also Zombie Attack for a $1 is worth it too. Beseigement on the blog the new graphics look great in opengl so once that has an update to it I'll most likely take the plunge on that one too. I have fieldrunners and tapdefence (new update helped) like you and they're great td games just don't want to have you cut yourself short if you really love this genre.
12-12-2008, 07:16 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 250
Send a message via AIM to Kuratsu Send a message via MSN to Kuratsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
I just recently got iTD and highly recommend it for $2. Also Zombie Attack for a $1 is worth it too. Beseigement on the blog the new graphics look great in opengl so once that has an update to it I'll most likely take the plunge on that one too. I have fieldrunners and tapdefence (new update helped) like you and they're great td games just don't want to have you cut yourself short if you really love this genre.
Lol, I already have Besiegement (iTD, Zombie Attack, TapDefense and Fieldrunners too) and I'm quite looking forward to the update as it is by far my favorite TD out of all the ones I own.

I don't think I'm gonna pick this one up (at least not yet anyways (not to mention a screen shot doesn't tell me what a game is like), saving up for other games.)

Last edited by Kuratsu; 12-12-2008 at 07:21 PM.
01-01-2009, 11:05 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 124
has anyone tried this? after 7cities, tapdefense and fieldrunners, this one is not bad. i like that you can create a maze, unlike zombie attack where you have to space it out and just use cannons only. however i can't seem to find out how to make the goo and torch towers, which are in the help/glossary section. might be a bug.
01-01-2009, 11:07 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 597
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
The graphics doesn't seems appealing to me. I'll pass on this one, definitely.
01-01-2009, 11:09 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 306
I still need to get 7 Cities first. At this rate, iTunes needs a TD games category.
01-01-2009, 11:09 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiesse View Post
I still need to get 7 Cities first. At this rate, iTunes needs a TD games category.
That's sounds a good idea!

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
01-01-2009, 11:31 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 124
Quote:
The graphics doesn't seems appealing to me. I'll pass on this one, definitely.
i admit the graphics aren't great. however there are better graphics on games like retro defense, iTD, and Mote-M and they aren't as fun (or at least i played those, got tired of them and deleted them in the past, while this one is relatively new to me, so i'm still playing it)