Old 01-02-2014, 06:47 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Need an RPG

Hi,

I love the game 9th Dawn. It's a superb game but since the last update the game won't autorotate the screen (it did before) and now I can't play it. I tried posting on the 9th Dawn thread and PMing the dev but no reply.

So.. I'm wondering if there are any games out there like 9th Dawn that I can buy?
Old 01-02-2014, 08:33 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

9th Dawn has a pretty wide scope being open-world and having deep RPG mechanics, and i dont think anything on iOS matches what it can offer yet.

Avernum and Avadon may fit the bill though.

As far as deep RPG mechanics go, TWEWY, KOTOR, Baldur's Gate, Shadowrun Returns and XCom may fill that void.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:46 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

The Quest Gold is a first person dungeon crawler (that caters to any rotation) that can't be beat in terms of content and exploration.

Cavern is "sort of" similar to 9th Dawn, Cavern (which is portrait only) emphasizes exploration but has more segmented randomized levels. It uses a continuous tap to move with turn based button combat.

Alien Shooter is a dual stick shooter, like 9th Dawn, that has expansive "dungeon" style laboratory levels to explore, it's frantic but fun.

The original poster might also get a kick out of some action RPGs. I recommend Dragon Knight IV (which has a freemium edition that can be hard), AurumnBlade, Master of Dungeon, CrimsonHeart, Dragon Slayer, or Fantastic Knight. The more recent Hero Siege looks promising but I haven't played it yet. Quadropus Rampage is also good action based fun.

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-02-2014 at 09:21 AM..
Old 01-02-2014, 08:56 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
The more recent Dungeon Siege looks promising but I haven't played it yet.
Maybe you mean Hero Siege? Im interested in that too but didnt pull the trigger yet as i just decided to go crazy with my backlog.

Im actually rocking TWEWY right now even though i finished it 99% through on the DS, and even with it's content, i dont think that's even 1% of my backlog. LOL.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:17 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Hi,

I love the game 9th Dawn. It's a superb game but since the last update the game won't autorotate the screen (it did before) and now I can't play it. I tried posting on the 9th Dawn thread and PMing the dev but no reply.

So.. I'm wondering if there are any games out there like 9th Dawn that I can buy?
Ultima IV: C64
It is free as in beer too, not freemium.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:22 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Maybe you mean Hero Siege? Im interested in that too but didnt pull the trigger yet as i just decided to go crazy with my backlog...
Yea, Hero Siege. I acquired the PC edition in a bundle so might check that out sometime. It looks promising. Yes, accursed backlog - why can't life let me prioritize video gaming more?