Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-06-2014, 12:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Groops (by Torched Media) [iPhone]

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/groops-puzzle-game-about-matching/id659981940?mt=8

Old 01-06-2014, 04:24 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Do I have you on my gamecentre Pete? I'm cloudpuff79 if not. I'll prob pick this up later today if you wanna try the head to head malarkey.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I'm almost certain I've added you but I'm having some issues with GC, it keeps disconnecting me and signing me into a different account lol. May have to make a new account so I'll re-add you if it gets that bad!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:32 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm interested in buying, but I don't know what the heck this game is about. Did a quick Google search and found nada. Can someone elaborate on gameplay?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Bought and have had a play through a few levels,
Basically you have to match the icons into groups of three, there's a certain amount of groups in each level which you must find to advance to the next. Sounds easy right? Ha it's actually quite difficult and challenging since you don't group them only by looking the same, ie, you could have a solid coloured square and empty square and a patterned square, it certainly adds some depth and what I thought was a casual easy match three type of game is actually quite challenging, I'm on the easy set at the moment and that's proving taxing so Gawd knows how I will handle the mind bending set.

Eta, there's a live multiplayer mode too, that should be fun, lemme know if you get it and I'll play you once you've had chance to work it out.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:47 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I'm almost certain I've added you but I'm having some issues with GC, it keeps disconnecting me and signing me into a different account lol. May have to make a new account so I'll re-add you if it gets that bad!
I'm finding that I have to keep signing in despite already being signed it, the pop up thing is doing my head in as you can guarantee it'll pop up right when I don't want it to lol.
I've not oissed about with setting etc so I'm assuming it's just a tv thing and it'll fix itself, I hope lol.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:03 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Bought and have had a play through a few levels,
Basically you have to match the icons into groups of three, there's a certain amount of groups in each level which you must find to advance to the next. Sounds easy right? Ha it's actually quite difficult and challenging since you don't group them only by looking the same, ie, you could have a solid coloured square and empty square and a patterned square, it certainly adds some depth and what I thought was a casual easy match three type of game is actually quite challenging, I'm on the easy set at the moment and that's proving taxing so Gawd knows how I will handle the mind bending set.

Eta, there's a live multiplayer mode too, that should be fun, lemme know if you get it and I'll play you once you've had chance to work it out.
Thanks CP. Wish the dev could post a gameplay vid or trailer. Anyway, are the levels timed? Are there power ups?
Old 01-06-2014, 12:24 PM

Thanks cloudpuff for impression, give it a try
Old 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Thanks CP. Wish the dev could post a gameplay vid or trailer. Anyway, are the levels timed? Are there power ups?
No time li it on levels and there's hints and shuffles, not what I'd call power ups.
There is a separate time attack mode in which you get as many groups as you can within a certain amount if time but I've not tried that yet.

Last edited by cloudpuff; 01-06-2014 at 04:04 PM..
Old 01-07-2014, 07:21 AM
Developer
iPhone 3GS

I've been enjoying it so far. It is surprisingly difficult, but just because it takes a while for your brain to parse the different attributes (color, shape, fill pattern, and symbol).

Basically, you're set up with a number of shapes, and your goal is to find all the possible "groops". A groop is a set of three shapes that either all share a common attribute, or all have different attributes. So you could have three circles (same) that all have a stripe pattern (same), but all have different symbols (different) and are red, blue, and yellow (different), and that would be a groop. If they were red, blue, and blue, it would not be a group, because they have neither all the same color nor all different. It gives your brain a workout trying to analyze all those attributes, but since you have unlimited time, I found it fun and relaxing as opposed to frustrating.

There are 100 untimed puzzle levels (4 sets of 25), then some time attack stuff that I would probably be terrible at.