Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:41 AM
PeteOzzy PeteOzzy is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 2,236
Default Groops (by Torched Media) [iPhone]

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/groops-puzzle-game-about-matching/id659981940?mt=8


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-06-2014, 04:24 AM
cloudpuff cloudpuff is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 2,476
Default

Do I have you on my gamecentre Pete? I'm cloudpuff79 if not. I'll prob pick this up later today if you wanna try the head to head malarkey.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2014, 10:04 AM
PeteOzzy PeteOzzy is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 2,236
Default

I'm almost certain I've added you but I'm having some issues with GC, it keeps disconnecting me and signing me into a different account lol. May have to make a new account so I'll re-add you if it gets that bad!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-06-2014, 10:32 AM
ColeDaddy's Avatar
ColeDaddy ColeDaddy is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 2,882
Default

I'm interested in buying, but I don't know what the heck this game is about. Did a quick Google search and found nada. Can someone elaborate on gameplay?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 AM
cloudpuff cloudpuff is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 2,476
Default

Bought and have had a play through a few levels,
Basically you have to match the icons into groups of three, there's a certain amount of groups in each level which you must find to advance to the next. Sounds easy right? Ha it's actually quite difficult and challenging since you don't group them only by looking the same, ie, you could have a solid coloured square and empty square and a patterned square, it certainly adds some depth and what I thought was a casual easy match three type of game is actually quite challenging, I'm on the easy set at the moment and that's proving taxing so Gawd knows how I will handle the mind bending set.

Eta, there's a live multiplayer mode too, that should be fun, lemme know if you get it and I'll play you once you've had chance to work it out.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-06-2014, 10:47 AM
cloudpuff cloudpuff is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 2,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I'm almost certain I've added you but I'm having some issues with GC, it keeps disconnecting me and signing me into a different account lol. May have to make a new account so I'll re-add you if it gets that bad!
I'm finding that I have to keep signing in despite already being signed it, the pop up thing is doing my head in as you can guarantee it'll pop up right when I don't want it to lol.
I've not oissed about with setting etc so I'm assuming it's just a tv thing and it'll fix itself, I hope lol.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:03 PM
ColeDaddy's Avatar
ColeDaddy ColeDaddy is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 2,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Bought and have had a play through a few levels,
Basically you have to match the icons into groups of three, there's a certain amount of groups in each level which you must find to advance to the next. Sounds easy right? Ha it's actually quite difficult and challenging since you don't group them only by looking the same, ie, you could have a solid coloured square and empty square and a patterned square, it certainly adds some depth and what I thought was a casual easy match three type of game is actually quite challenging, I'm on the easy set at the moment and that's proving taxing so Gawd knows how I will handle the mind bending set.

Eta, there's a live multiplayer mode too, that should be fun, lemme know if you get it and I'll play you once you've had chance to work it out.
Thanks CP. Wish the dev could post a gameplay vid or trailer. Anyway, are the levels timed? Are there power ups?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:24 PM
_Max_ _Max_ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,381
Default

Thanks cloudpuff for impression, give it a try
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM
cloudpuff cloudpuff is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: uk
Posts: 2,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Thanks CP. Wish the dev could post a gameplay vid or trailer. Anyway, are the levels timed? Are there power ups?
No time li it on levels and there's hints and shuffles, not what I'd call power ups.
There is a separate time attack mode in which you get as many groups as you can within a certain amount if time but I've not tried that yet.

Last edited by cloudpuff; 01-06-2014 at 04:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-07-2014, 07:21 AM
Hobbsicle's Avatar
Hobbsicle Hobbsicle is offline
Developer
iPhone 3GS
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 209
Default

I've been enjoying it so far. It is surprisingly difficult, but just because it takes a while for your brain to parse the different attributes (color, shape, fill pattern, and symbol).

Basically, you're set up with a number of shapes, and your goal is to find all the possible "groops". A groop is a set of three shapes that either all share a common attribute, or all have different attributes. So you could have three circles (same) that all have a stripe pattern (same), but all have different symbols (different) and are red, blue, and yellow (different), and that would be a groop. If they were red, blue, and blue, it would not be a group, because they have neither all the same color nor all different. It gives your brain a workout trying to analyze all those attributes, but since you have unlimited time, I found it fun and relaxing as opposed to frustrating.

There are 100 untimed puzzle levels (4 sets of 25), then some time attack stuff that I would probably be terrible at.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent