Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-06-2014, 11:07 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Word-a-pult - A Word Tower Battle Game, coming this Thursday

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 15.9 MB.

Price in NZ is Free (iAP).

Requirements :

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Developer Notes:

Although it says it's optimized for iPhone 5, the minimum hardware is a 3gs

Hi Guys, I wanted to tell you about my new game, Word-a-pult. Its coming out on the 9th (this Thursday).

It's a game where you use your spelling skill to launch your catapult attack on your enemy's tower (hence Word-a-pult) or to repair your own.

You can use the word you created to mix and match repair and attack or go all in with an attack. It's your call. The first tower to hit 0 health looses. You got one minute to decide on your best word.

The game uses the Game Center turn based multiplayer system (similar to Letterpress).

Last edited by Hafiz Pon; 01-09-2014 at 01:31 AM..
Old 01-07-2014, 03:31 AM
iPad

Default looks good

What do you think of the Game Center turn based multiplayer system?
Old 01-07-2014, 03:55 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Waiting for release day, will worldwide?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:26 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMega View Post
What do you think of the Game Center turn based multiplayer system?
it took me a while to get the implementation working properly and there are quirks in its behavior. so a lotta testing needed to be done. i was sticking with it though coz its a great time saving solution where u dont have to build an entire scalable turn based network infrastructure

Last edited by Hafiz Pon; 01-07-2014 at 10:41 AM..
Old 01-07-2014, 10:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynuyt View Post
Waiting for release day, will worldwide?
Worldwide. Yeah I'm waiting for the release day myself . I've set the time and all i can do now is wait.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

not long now........
Old 01-08-2014, 10:14 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

added some screenshots...
Old 01-11-2014, 11:51 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I hate to complain about a game that was free, but I was disappointed when I started it and found out it was online multiplayer only. If it has to be multiplayer only, I would prefer to have a local multiplayer option. Ideal would be a 1-player mode where I could practice a bit before jumping into the MP pool.

There is an IAP store with 3 purchase options: create more games, 500 shillings, and 1500 shillings. It says any purchase will disable ads, and you can restore purchases; presumably only the non-consumable one.

I haven't actually played a game of it yet, because... Well, honestly, I hate playing this type of game against an unknown person, with no chance to practice. Plus, the addition of a IAP currency has me thinking that victory can be purchased, if you're willing to spend the money. The "create more games" IAP makes me think I'll be stuck playing the first person I'm matched with until the end of the game. I don't know if there's an automatic win or draw after someone takes too long to complete their turn, or if the loss goes to whomever drops out voluntarily, making it a viable strategy for the person losing to just not take their turn, hoping their opponent drops out, giving them the win. This is all the more likely if the person losing bought the "make more games" IAP, and can keep playing with other people. If their opponent can only play the one game, they will either have to also purchase the IAP, or drop out of the game to play someone else. It just feels open to griefers.

That's all speculation on my part. If the Dev would like to comment, I look forward to reading it.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I have two games I started last night, and it's been stuck on the other player's turn for about 12 hours. Is there a way for me to delete or resign the games I'm in?
Old 01-18-2014, 01:49 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafiz Pon View Post
Worldwide. Yeah I'm waiting for the release day myself . I've set the time and all i can do now is wait.
Cool! Waiting to play.