App description: Beben III is a fast, brutal online First Person Shooter, featuring the old "kill or be killed" gameplay style from classic FPS games like Quake 3, QuakeLive and Unreal tournament.

Test your skills against the deadliest arena soldiers, across the diverse deadly fighting grounds in the Arena. Earn the title of Arena Legend.

Supported games: Open Arena, Quake 3 Shareware, Quake 3 Arena (needs original game files, read more on http://mac-and-i.net )

Supported game modes: Deathmatch, Team-Deathmatch and Capture the Flag.

These classic, proven game modes outshine popular FPS shooters with their real skill requirements instead of relying on gimmicks like killing streaks and game unbalancing perks. Try this fast, competitive online FPS,

Features (using Open Arena game files):

- Play against others in servers up to 32 players in the different game modes. Online or local network!

- Over 20 arenas to test your skills in the different game modes.

- Diverse weapon arsenal, including machineguns, shotguns, and rocket and grenade launchers.

- Singleplayer mode. Test your skills offline against bots in the Arena mode, with 5 difficulty modes.

Based on ioquake project's source code and licensed under GNU GPL v2.

In accordance with GPL v2, the source code is available upon request.

Boardumb's comments:
Let's you load Quake III Arena files and play on iPhone and iPad. Tutorial is here: mac-and-i.net

01-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Holy cow, this could be cool. Bought with high hopes!

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride

01-07-2014, 08:45 PM
And I'm back. Black screen after shareware pack was downloaded on my iPhone 4S

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
01-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Very curious to see how this plays out. Didn't play much Quake back in the day, but I love the idea of playing it on my ipad. Interested to see how the online multiplayer works.
01-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Downloaded Open Arena receiving a default.cfg load error when opened. Still need to upload my quake III files and try that. Really hoping that will work.
01-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Just followed the instructions on the site and yes it does work. Loaded up the first level. However the x axis is reversed like how wind waker was on gamecube. Y axis is normal (not airplane controls aka inverted).

Edit: also, the joystick is move forward backwards and turn left and right instead of strafe, feels very weird in combination with the reversed x axis.

Last edited by zergslayer69; 01-07-2014 at 11:37 PM.
01-08-2014, 12:20 AM
Looks rad. anyone know the file sizes for arena or the sharewear version ? Does it actually work ?
01-08-2014, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivicus View Post
Downloaded Open Arena receiving a default.cfg load error when opened. Still need to upload my quake III files and try that. Really hoping that will work.
If you get a default.cfg error the download was somehow incomplete, i recommend to delete and try again.
01-08-2014, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
Just followed the instructions on the site and yes it does work. Loaded up the first level. However the x axis is reversed like how wind waker was on gamecube. Y axis is normal (not airplane controls aka inverted).

Edit: also, the joystick is move forward backwards and turn left and right instead of strafe, feels very weird in combination with the reversed x axis.
That is not how the controls should would, i will look into it (is your iphone in locked orientation mode?)
01-08-2014, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
And I'm back. Black screen after shareware pack was downloaded on my iPhone 4S
I gonna try to get a 4S to test this and fix it. Sorry for that and thanks for reporting.