★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What's the best Sky Gamblers game?

01-08-2014, 09:46 PM

I remember downloading storm raiders when it went free, and that's the only one I've played. With Battle Supremacy releasing in the US in 15 minutes it got me thinking.

What's your favorite Sky Gamblers? I wanna know which I should pick up.

It seems like Air Supremecy was a hit until an OP UFO was added. Am I correct?

So yeah, here is just to post your favorite one.
01-08-2014, 11:12 PM
I can't provide any impressions but Cold War has just dropped to 99c, so if no one is able to help you out at least it wouldn't be such a big gamble (See what I did there?) :P

Edit: Looks like they've all been dropped to 99c now. Good timing!

01-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I can't provide any impressions but Cold War has just dropped to 99c, so if no one is able to help you out at least it wouldn't be such a big gamble (See what I did there?) :P

Edit: Looks like they've all been dropped to 99c now. Good timing!
Ooooooo thanks for the tip!
01-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Battle Supremacy.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-09-2014, 08:44 AM
My favorite is the first one, Rise of Glory. I love the old school, in your face "intimate" dogfights. It really makes me feel like I'm a knight in the sky with the slower "pokey" planes.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
01-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
My favorite is the first one, Rise of Glory. I love the old school, in your face "intimate" dogfights. It really makes me feel like I'm a knight in the sky with the slower "pokey" planes.
I downloaded the free version so I'll see what I think. I'm leaning towards getting Cold War rather than Air Supremecy at the moment
01-09-2014, 01:57 PM
I've played all but Cold War and my favorite has probably been Storm Raiders.
01-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Just spent some time with rise of glory. I can't stand tilt controls.

Haha I guess there's only Cold War and Air Supremacy now. What do you guys think?
01-09-2014, 03:30 PM
It seems like Storm raiders is the best in the series, and Cold War is the lowest rated. I guess I'll go Air Supremacy. Although Cold War has very good AppStore reviews...
01-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Alright I got Air Supremacy. Time to try it out