★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Prairie Chute is LIVE on the app store!

08-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Prairie Chute is LIVE on the app store!

Hello all,

Apple approved our first independent iPhone/iTouch game titled Prairie Chute late last week. If you like humorous casual games that require some skill and a touch of strategy, please check it out!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324616043&mt=8

The game is called "Prairie Chute" and involves prairie dogs whom you must help avoid every day obstacles such as land mines, buzzards, coyotes and electric fences as he parachutes to his home. The simple objective is to get him into the hole with the light on using the accelerometer. Every time you complete this task, the environment shifts to get a little harder. Simple concept... and for sure casual... but we think challenging and fun.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

The game is now available for .99. We welcome any feedback or suggestions you may have.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by matt.johnson.mobile; 08-11-2009 at 04:49 PM.
08-09-2009, 11:41 AM
looks ok for a first developed game.
nicely done

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................

08-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Hey billy,

Well... a first independent game at least (myself and 1 artist). I released a sports game titled Hoopster with the company I used to work for. Thanks for the compliment!
08-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Hey Matt -

Glad to see you got this over in this thread. Looks like a cute game.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Thx Pluto

We hope it satisfies the segment of the market that wants a fun experience without the long term commitment... and also not be afraid to hand to their kids. I worked on a online viral game many years ago titled Elf Bowling that found the balance between funny, simple to play and age agnostic, and it did very well!

We have some ideas for updates as well. First will be global high scores, which is in the works. We have also concepted some new environments... Bahamas, New York. Hammocks bounce you back instead of cactus, land the dogs in manholes instead of mounds, and a couple of mechanic enhancements. I think we have some good scalability to the concept. Hope you decide to check it out.

Thanks,
Matt
08-09-2009, 12:06 PM
grats on your first game
08-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks WarGrim!
08-10-2009, 10:43 AM
I hope you didn't also work on the elf bowling port for DS

however, good luck with the game, seems lots of fun!
08-10-2009, 11:04 AM
-- hope you didn't also work on the elf bowling port for DS

LOL, ya... I claim no involvement after Elf Bowling 2 (the shuffleboard version). The company that owned the property when bankrupt shortly after. Thanks for the positive comments about Prairie Chute, we are excited about the release.

Matt
08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
I played it a bit and I think we've got another great pick up 'n play game here.
Tilt controls are spot-on (sensitivity can be changed, but I used default settings) and dealing with the various kinds of obstacles shown in the video is actually fun. Difficulty does ramp up pretty quickly even on easy, with new background elements popping in like in a children's book. The only obvious improvement I can think of is online scores, but apart from that, really good job. It's a five stars from me.