★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: -Important- Service Closure Notice

Thank you for playing Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper.

We are sorry to announce that service for Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper will end at 6am (UTC) on September 28th, 2015.

The game went live on October 28th in 2013, and we have constantly strived to deliver a fun and engaging experience.
This decision came as a result of various circumstances beyond our control. Again, we would like to thank you for playing.

The remaining service schedule is as follows:

July 28, 2015 - Last day of in-app purchase sales
September 30, 2016 - Last day of service

We hope you enjoy the rest of your experience with Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper.

Note: Rhythm Thief & the Paris Caper requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5. This game, including all in-game tutorials, supports English only. A network connection is required to play.

Rhythm Thief is a unique rhythm-based adventure game that will test your timing, quickness and style. Rhythm is your ally as you dance, fight, and steal your way across missions, challenges, and mini-games.
Pull off crazy capers and foil your nemesis Napoleon as he tries to stop you from finding out the truth behind your fathers disappearance. Set in Paris, you will tap to the beat on the Champs-Elysees, sneak past guards in The Louvre, and explore the City of Lights.
Collect rewards from successful missions to purchase new outfits. Recruit accomplices to pull off the perfect caper and use your loot to upgrade your team to form the ultimate crew. Even borrow your real friends accomplices to complete challenging missions.

A Big Rhythm Adventure
Over 50 different missions
Over 20 original songs with three variations
Special and limited-time missions
Unlock new rhythm games and Super Hard Missions
Customizable costumes that increase your abilities

Rhythm Gaming for Everyone
Intuitive touch controls
A wide variety of tap and swipe rhythm games
Progressively challenging missions

Get Help to Pull-off Big Capers
Recruit a crack team of in-game accomplices. Super-rare accomplices can be earned in special events.
Even borrow your friends character to overcome difficult missions and tracks

New Adventures Await

Complete the story and new adventure await with new side-stories, games and expert difficulty levels released regularly as in-app purchases
01-09-2014, 06:59 AM
It's out

01-09-2014, 07:18 AM
I've played the game on 3DS and I loved it . It's a really neat rhythm game that features an intriguing story. It's quite long too and tries to be varied. The puzzle part of the game is quite simplistic and doesn't present any challenge but adds a little bit more variety to the game.

Though the iAP and constant internet connection is making me wary of this version.

Last edited by killercow; 01-09-2014 at 07:21 AM.
01-09-2014, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
I've played the game on 3DS and I loved it . It's a really neat rhythm game that features an intriguing story. It's quite long too and tries to be varied. The puzzle part of the game is quite simplistic and doesn't present any challenge but adds a little bit more variety to the game.

Though the iAP and constant internet connection is making me wary of this version.
Yeah... screenshot 5/10 clearly shows that different outfits require different currencies...

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
01-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Yay for not needing iOS7!

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
01-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Filesize:

01-09-2014, 04:59 PM
This game has some of the finest music I've heard in a video game. Most pieces are jazzy and upbeat with a French twist to it.

Dear lord that menu theme though. If you're not going to buy this game at least search the theme on YouTube.
01-09-2014, 05:01 PM
In case anyone's missed it in the description, "A network connection is required to play."

Pocket Gamer said, "If you don't have a good connection then brace yourself for some corrupt save files."

Not sure if that's based on experience with the game, but I play a lot on the train so that's a dealbreaker for me. Anyone had experience of this?
01-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if this game is playable on iphone4? I don't want to take the risk to pay 9.99$ for nothing.
01-09-2014, 05:27 PM

The Good:

The Soundtrack & Story of the Game.

The Bad:

God Damn SEGA you had only one thing to do and instead changed this great 3DS Game into a freaking always Online Freemium Freak Show that does require you to be always Online but since your damn server structure can`t even handle any Traffic we can`t play the Game we paid for.

iAP, iOS 7, Requires you to be always Online and when you go Online the Game keeps telling you that the Data changed and try to Logging and you get a Message that the Data changed and try to Logging and...

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-09-2014 at 08:23 PM.