★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: WordTrix - Now Free

08-10-2009, 03:03 AM
WordTrix - Now Free

| WordTrix | iTunes Link | FREE | 11.5MB | wordtrix.com |

Quote:
Based on the award winning WordTrix games on the PC!

When you start a new game, one letter at a time will fall from the top of the screen to the bottom. The object of the game is to make the letters fall in such a way that they spell a word. The words can be any English word from 3-5 characters in length, and can be arranged either top-to-down or left-to-right, just like a crossword puzzle!

The controls are fairly simple. You make a swiping motion with your finger anywhere on the screen to place the letter. The speed of the game starts at a rather leisurely pace. After every level, the speed will increase!

After approximately every five formed words, a special block will appear. Every letter that is on the screen that this block falls on will be cleared! This is handy for those pesky Q, X, and Z pieces!

There is an extra incentive for finding words within words. You will get points for every word contained within the word! For example, if you spell 'CRAMP', you will get points for 'CRAMP', 'CRAM', 'RAMP', 'RAM', and 'AMP'!

If the letters pile to the top, the game is over!

Choose from 3 awesome themes with 30 dazzling backgrounds for every optical taste!

You can even post your score online and match it with others from your country!

Still not convinced? Take a look at the screenshots!

If you love games like WordFu, Tetris, Crosswords, and Scrabble, you will definitely love WordTrix!

I am open to suggestions and have several updates in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
08-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Downloading already

08-10-2009, 03:08 AM
Try it if you dare. Game gets fast and hard. It has pretty cool music and graphics.

This developer is open to suggestions, but I don't have any... You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
08-10-2009, 03:08 AM
I'm downloading as well
08-10-2009, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Downloading already
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineNicole View Post
I'm downloading as well
Ditto, thank you!

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
08-10-2009, 03:55 AM
OMG it's hard and I suck. I would say for a level 1 they're coming down pretty quick. Looks really good, it's late so I'm muted right now. Will report back after I study the dictionary some

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
08-10-2009, 04:14 AM
This is the second Wordtris type game I have played, the other is Prolix. Wordtris is falling letters, make words, letters go away, or they stack up tetris style and kill you. There is at least a third on the Itunes store, Text Tumble, which I have not tried.

This game gets some things right that prolix got wrong, but errs in other respects. Neither is perfect; I like Prolix better, but its .99 cents, this one is free.

Pros: -More rows and columns then Prolix, just like Wordtris on PC. However, at higher levels, the smaller letters just contribute to it being really hard to control. This is sort of a damned if you do, damned if you dont choice. I like more rows and columns...but you pay for it.
-They got the "drag" part of "drag and drop" right...control is possibly better then Prolix's current control scheme (update to Prolix may change that)

Cons: -Letters are small...hard to steer letters to columns once it gets fast
-Brutal curve...you wont be playing long
-They left out the "drop" in drag and drop...gets fast so quickly its not a big deal
-Only one bonus tile, and its not as helpful as bombs or shakes in Prolix. This just contributes to the brutal curve
-Seems a little short on vowels and long on bad letters. At a guess, all letters are weighted equally, which is not correct. Useful letters should have a higher weight, at least at lower levels.
-Only one gameplay mode

I like Prolix better. They are going to improve the controls with the next update. Its worth 99 cents, its a better (though not perfect) implementation of Wordtris. However, Wordtrix is free, so try both. Better yet, also try Text Tumble and write a comparison.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale

Last edited by ArtNJ; 08-10-2009 at 04:25 AM.
08-10-2009, 04:43 AM
Tried it and deleted it, there are way better word games imo (bookworm, wordjong, dungeon scroll, etc...)
08-10-2009, 12:01 PM
It's a keeper for me. Good game. I lasted three or four rounds in my first game which I believe it's okay.
08-10-2009, 12:09 PM
this at least looks pretty good, i'll tri it out