Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-13-2014, 12:26 AM

Default Rune Clash

Hello, I am indie developer from Taiwan. Rune Clash is my first game.
I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id664374502?mt=8

Game Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9g72feHhd0

Rune Clash is an iPhone game. Player collects and enhances various runes and choose proper combination to defeat powerful enemies. iTune Link

Combat System
Six runes can be equipped and use in combat. Since the each monster's behavior are different, player should select runes appropriately according current enemy to against.

Character screen, runes can be equipped to six slots of screen

There are five types of rune

Each runes have different function

When rune is selected in combat, random symbols will appear at center of screen. The number of symbols are equal to “Activate cost” of the rune. Tap same symbol button on both sides of screen to eliminate the symbols. Rune will work after all symbols are eliminated.

Tap the previously equipped rune to activate it

Tap buttons according the symbols at center of screen to finish the activate of rune

Combat is real-time, enemy still attack when player activate the rune and therefore fast&correct symbol elimination brings advantage in combat. Based on character’s ability, critical hit and block sometimes happen in fight. Critical hit only happens when activate an attack rune. A sword-shape count down timer will appears when critical hit occur. If all symbols are eliminated before countdown finish, the attack becomes critical hit and do double damage to enemy.

Tap all symbols before the sword disappear to make a critical hit!

Block only happens when enemy attack. A shield-shape button will appear on random position of screen. If player tap it in time, enemy’s attack will be blocked. Because the shield button only appears for very short time, whether can block successfully depends on player reflexes! Besides, block only affect physical attack and no way to
against magical attack.

Tap shield button to block to attack

Selection of Runes
Runes must be chosen according to enemy to defeat. For example, Goblin Warrior could activate “Shield” rune to increase block ability and “Counter Attack” rune to damage opponent when make a successfully block.

Runes of Goblin Warrior

Player can choose magical attack rune to avoid that combo, or activate “Defense Break” to decrease the block ability of Goblin Warrior before a physical attack.

“Defense Break” rune

Besides, one more rune of Goblin Warrior is “Backstab” which will cause damage if player is in rune activate(symbol input) phase. To prevent the damage, player can hold in rune selection when notice Goblin Warrior is activating the “Backstab” rune.

Patience is a virtue

Take “Ghost” for another instance, it will activates “Disappear” rune when life is low. Attacks may miss and Ghost’s life will restore continuously if player does not equip a hit rate-increase rune.

“Disappear” rune

Adventure and Loot
Adventure begins automatically after select a stage. No addition control is necessary during adventure screen.

Stage selection

Adventure screen

Different events happen during adventure such as combat, treasure chest, and life recovery. New runes, gold, or rune shards also can be found in adventure.

Treasure chest

Life recovery

Gold can be paid for new rune in shop. Rune shards are necessary to enhance rune level in temple.

Heal rune is important!

Enhance the power of rune

Monster Collection
After first combat, enemy’s runes, abilities, and loots will be added into monster collection. The information is indispensable for adventure.

Monster collection

Detail information

Plan and Price
First two areas are free. Three regular and two hidden stages in each area. Two more areas can be explored via IAP. More areas and PvP combat are planned in future version.

First two areas: Abandoned Mine and Troubled Wild

3rd and 4th areas: Pale Swamp and Orc Fortress

Last edited by ysluke; 01-13-2014 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: Add iTune Link
Old 01-13-2014, 08:13 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

The game looks great and clever. I have played only a few minutes for now but I like it so far. I will dig deeper into it when I have the time to do so.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:49 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Are the events that happen each time you play an adventure randomized?
Old 01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

The video doesnt have any gameplay, do you have a gameplay vid?
Old 01-13-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewi View Post
The game looks great and clever. I have played only a few minutes for now but I like it so far. I will dig deeper into it when I have the time to do so.
Thank you for trying this game!
Monster in begin stage has less skill(rune) and simple behavior.
I believe more fun can be found in further stage.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Are the events that happen each time you play an adventure randomized?
Yes, the event is randomly happen.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
The video doesnt have any gameplay, do you have a gameplay vid?
I put gameplay video here:
[URL="http://youtu.be/dbBjGDctjZA"]http://youtu.be/dbBjGDctjZA[/URL]

There seems no screen record tool on non-jailbreak iPhone,
and therefore the video is recorded on my MBP with iOS simulator in 480*320 resolution. Besides, no sound.
Sorry for bad quality video, I will update the video when find better way to record a gameplay video.