★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

When will there be a truly exciting multiplayer game on the iphone?

08-10-2009, 03:12 AM
When will there be a truly exciting multiplayer game on the iphone?

Sure there is multiplayer games like star hogs and light bike but none of those games give you the thrill of multiplayer on consoles or the computer. I just came back from playing this game day of defeat source with several of my college buddies and we had more fun then I believe could ever be had on the iphone. Do you think we will ever have a multiplayer game that matches or is better then a console or computer? Will it be livefire or modern combat?
08-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Livefire/KillTest/FPS looks like it will deliver that. Especially with the robust networking system for connectivity.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.

08-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Yeah, i think Livefire/Fps will be the breakthrough multiplayer game since Ngmoco been working on it for so long and it looks pretty sweet from gameplay on the Ngmoshow, and with plus+ it will make the game even more sweeter. And i dont know officially if Modern Combat will be multiplayer but it will be extremely awesome if it is, it could be though with Gameloft Live coming out.

Last edited by julzsantana15; 08-10-2009 at 03:41 AM.
08-10-2009, 09:35 AM
FAST and Baseball Slugger already give some great multiplayer. Although I agree livefire looks great
08-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Modern Combat will have multiplayer but in an update not when the game is first released. Livefire will also be a top notch one too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
08-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will090 View Post
FAST and Baseball Slugger already give some great multiplayer. Although I agree livefire looks great
+1

Currently F.A.S.T. (dog-fighting) and Baseball Slugger (homerun competition) are the two major multiplayer games for our platform.
08-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Some developers have already stated that their problem with adding multiplayer is the server costs. The game would have to sell really well in order for them to feel that it's worth it.
08-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
Some developers have already stated that their problem with adding multiplayer is the server costs. The game would have to sell really well in order for them to feel that it's worth it.
Well, it depends on the data type you're holding / transmitting

I don't think actual iPhone simple games would cost that much.

They would involve some financial risks, for sure, but that's another story.
08-10-2009, 12:33 PM
DinoSmash!
It gives you full multiplayer with no lag

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
08-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Minigore will get multiplayer in the 4th update

Playing: Minigore, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Madden 10, Worms, Need For Speed: Shift, Alive-4-Ever, Hybrid Eternal Whisper, Blades Of Fury, Resident Evil 4, GTA: CW, C&C Red Alert.
Waiting: Bioshock, Hardgore, Astro Ranch, Mirrors Edge, ZombieSmash, Rayman,