• Publisher: TCHOW
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 16.0 MB
  • Version: 1.5.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: In Rainbow, you direct light from the villainous D.D.'s Rainbow Ray through tricky levels in an effort to bring unwanted happiness and excitement to the inhabitants of a gray and mundane island.

While Rainbow's control mechanics are simple, crafty levels and puzzling hazards will test your reflexes and reasoning; and badges reward you for perfecting each level.

Features:

- steer rainbows through 30+ levels
- puzzling obstacles
- clean, minimal art style
- badges for added challenge
- plot, including nearly seven* lines of dialog
(* actually six)

Snozberry's comments:

Actually quite a unique and abstract puzzler.

Gameplay video:

YouTube: video
01-15-2014, 05:28 AM
I've been looking forward to this

01-15-2014, 05:35 AM
Looks really interesting

A video from the beta version:

Last edited by TheFrost; 01-15-2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Added video
01-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Oh it's available in the USA store now! I think I have to pick this up!

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave
01-15-2014, 08:41 AM
There's flash version of this game played using mouse..
Saw this game at IGF 2014 entrant

Game Center ID: copaeci
01-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
Is it free to try?
01-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
It an old prototype of the game but plays nice.... free to try....
http://tchow.com/games/rainbow/play
01-16-2014, 02:05 AM
Just played 15 or so minutes and it's absolutely gorgeous. Screenshots don't do it justice. Hope it gets the recognition it deserves.

Currently addicted to: Duet game, Threes, Tengami, Oquonie, Platforms Unlimited, Perloo, Wave Wave
01-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Bought this morning and only just got to play it now.

I agree with the others, it's unique and very nice to look at, music and a relaxing atmosphere too, but..... I have no idea what I'm doing. I mean I get that you drag the rainbow to reach the little dudes and stars, I've managed to complete the first few levels out of luck more than skill I think, there's three icons above each completed level and the star is highlighted, I've no idea what the others are for, there's matching icons in the game and I'm assuming it's different methods to drag the rainbow and each three must be used to highlight all the icons on the map?

I know that this is gonna be a puzzler that I will enjoy, it's just the icons are gonna take some figuring out.
01-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Bought this morning and only just got to play it now.

I agree with the others, it's unique and very nice to look at, music and a relaxing atmosphere too, but..... I have no idea what I'm doing. I mean I get that you drag the rainbow to reach the little dudes and stars, I've managed to complete the first few levels out of luck more than skill I think, there's three icons above each completed level and the star is highlighted, I've no idea what the others are for, there's matching icons in the game and I'm assuming it's different methods to drag the rainbow and each three must be used to highlight all the icons on the map?

I know that this is gonna be a puzzler that I will enjoy, it's just the icons are gonna take some figuring out.
To complete the 'finger' icon you need to •••Spoiler:  complete the level without lifting your finger from the screen.

As for the 3rd icon, you need to •••Spoiler:  complete the level with all of your rainbow intact.