★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Alpha 9 - 1.49 down to 69p

01-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Alpha 9 - 1.49 down to 69p

An interesting word game this one. Slide words in a grid up and down vertically to make words horizontally.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/alpha-9/id739668794?mt=8

Hopefully someone can add the app info thingy

Here's a gameplay courtesy of Sanuku from the main thread. Alpha 9 Gameplay

And the main thread can be found here - http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=215238

Last edited by Mess; 01-15-2014 at 03:12 PM.
01-15-2014, 03:13 PM

01-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Hmm, it's the third game from last week's releases to have a price drop. Somehow doubt this will push people to buy on Wednesdays unfortunately
01-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Hmm, it's the third game from last week's releases to have a price drop. Somehow doubt this will push people to buy on Wednesdays unfortunately
Was it only out last week? Wow I remember adding it to my watchlist, but didn't realise it was only a week ago. I noticed Joe Danger go on sale too (which I thought was very quick)

Unfortunately it does seem to be a trend. I am generally holding off on buying anything on release day at the moment, mainly as I have a backlog of games as it is
01-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Good game, well worth it at the original price.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
01-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Yup, that's how it is nowadays.
01-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Yes after debating it a lot, I went with a discount like Joe Danger and Archangel. It's not likely to last beyond 24 hours. I'm giving a push to try and reach as high a rank as possible on my last day featured on the front page in US & Canada.

It's definitely a trend, and not a very good one. It means developers are not seeing the numbers they are hoping and struggling to get a good place in the charts. It also means the customers are more and more hesitant to buy on day one. Both together form a vicious cycle and I'm not sure anyone is winning.

Thank you very much to all of you who bought the game already. You are greatly helping me sustain myself and keep making games. Those getting it now, you are helping me reach a better rank which may really help me in the long run. We'll see!
01-15-2014, 04:34 PM
other like this?

feel like i got 2 games like this (whats the names?) in my collection already...so will skip or lockin when free.
01-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMOROBO View Post
Yes after debating it a lot, I went with a discount like Joe Danger and Archangel. It's not likely to last beyond 24 hours. I'm giving a push to try and reach as high a rank as possible on my last day featured on the front page in US & Canada.

It's definitely a trend, and not a very good one. It means developers are not seeing the numbers they are hoping and struggling to get a good place in the charts. It also means the customers are more and more hesitant to buy on day one. Both together form a vicious cycle and I'm not sure anyone is winning.

Thank you very much to all of you who bought the game already. You are greatly helping me sustain myself and keep making games. Those getting it now, you are helping me reach a better rank which may really help me in the long run. We'll see!
Well this is the only one of the three that I picked up before the sales and I have no regrets. It might look similar to a few others but the tile movement mechanic really differentiates it. I'm a sucker for words games anyway, but it's a really nice complete package so I definitely recommend it.

I'm one of the few not really affected by the sale trend as I'm like a child and will buy anything as soon as it catches my eye. I definitely feel sorry for you guys if the sales have been bad enough to warrant a sale after a week - the game really deserves better than that.
01-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
feel like i got 2 games like this (whats the names?) in my collection already...so will skip or lockin when free.
It will never be free.