Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-17-2014, 10:04 AM

Default Soft Limits - (by Gregory Viglione)

Old 01-17-2014, 11:02 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Addictive twitch gameplay?
Say no more.
I'm going in.
😛
Old 01-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Addictive twitch gameplay?
Say no more.
I'm going in.
😛
Doesn't really look like a twitch game from screenshots, but let us know!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:21 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Gameplay video here:
http://www.softlimitsthegame.com/video/
Old 01-17-2014, 01:30 PM

my thoughts exactly!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:04 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Nah it's not twitchy.

You move a blob around the circle, there's things you have to avoid and it does get harder as more and more obstacle appear but it's not frantic, or twitchy, or heart thudding highscore type game, it looks pretty and it works ok but the mechanics and gameplay isn't anything new in my opinion, I mean there's nothing wrong with it, I'm just disappointed cos I was expecting twitchy.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Nah it's not twitchy.

You move a blob around the circle, there's things you have to avoid and it does get harder as more and more obstacle appear but it's not frantic, or twitchy, or heart thudding highscore type game, it looks pretty and it works ok but the mechanics and gameplay isn't anything new in my opinion, I mean there's nothing wrong with it, I'm just disappointed cos I was expecting twitchy.
I think we kind of came up with the term twitch here on TA, meaning a great fast frantic tapping game, usually with pumping music.

Thanks for the impressions.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Sorry for the late impressions, received a promo code about a day ago and I'm really enjoying Soft Limits. The aspect that stands out the most is the visuals, the malleable nature of your blob and the area and how they move and mold to your touch.

But Soft Limits isn't just some kind of physics toy; it's also a fun arcade evasion game. Dangerous spiky hazards appear throughout the arena, forcing you to pull and prod your blob out of harm's way while remaining close enough to suck energy from them. This balance between avoidance and close calls makes for some fast paced reaction gameplay, as you only have a few moments to judge the best place to maneuver. As the gameplay gets more hectic, you can always use your trusty teleporting ability to get to safety, but it's a power best used sparingly and strategically, or else you'll find yourself cornered without an avenue of escape

Soft Limits may not have Pivvot's plethora of modes or require Cyro's extreme precision and timing, but it's still a fun twitchy action game worth your time

Last edited by Bronxsta; 02-17-2014 at 02:32 PM..
Old 02-17-2014, 02:20 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Received a code and thank Devs for making me a part of this game. Bronxsta covered most of my impressions and I can concur. To add, a minimalistic theme, a high score chaser that will keep you on your feet and keep your reactions in check. Swipe to move and avoid, collect power ups all the while your movement area decreases, hectic indeed, lol.

Suggestions, please add a tutorial mode, rather than a "?", this will get players more accustomed to the game, minor issue, but found it after playing.

Overall a polished game, with minor improvements, but not game destroying.

Recommended!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Will never create a thread in this forum once more…

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=219424

I made a video of my 68,132 points:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Got a promo code. After 10 minutes or so: Very recommended! Never had such a jelly feeling on my iPad. Fun and stylish.

First you have to destroy the parasites by coming near to them (but don't touch them when they become red), then you have to collect the antibodies that are dropped after parasites destruction. Touch/swipe/double-tap controls work fine. Gets pretty hectic soon. Good sounds as well. Supports one leaderboard in Game Center.

Tested on iPad Air.

Will pick Soft Limits up again for sure as soon as possible. Quote from the promo codes forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Very fun game. Takes a bit of getting used to at first moving your blob around. I quickly realized it's much better (at least in some situations) to swipe your blob around to make it move out of the way quicker than to try to move it just with your finger.

Quite unique and recommended for anyone who enjoys a little challenge.