Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-17-2014, 04:26 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to jquave
Default Dream Flight [Universal] - Endless runner with a twist

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Description:
In our favorite dreams we learn to fly. Explore the world from high above as you take to dream flight. Be careful of the obstacles, hitting one will wake you up. As you fly deeper in to your dreams discover more and more fantastical dream scapes. Soar deeper and deeper, until you uncover the secrets of the dream world. Tap and hold to fly, or let go to gently drift down.

Game by Jameson Quave (jamesonquave.com)

Music by Kevin MacLeod
"Lost Frontier" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Old 01-17-2014, 10:21 PM

This looks great to me
Old 01-17-2014, 10:32 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Endless?

Edit: I've just read the title of the thread. Never mind...

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 01-17-2014 at 10:38 PM..
Old 01-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Reminds me a little of wingdot.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:50 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Worth with 0.99 cent, playing and having fun
Old 01-18-2014, 09:11 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I don't fly this well in my dreams!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:33 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Bought and played for a bit.

Starts pretty slow, but quickly speeds up. You've gotta avoid obstacle as you fly across the skyline, controls are hold to fly and release to drop, they are accurate and responsive.Relaxing music, choice of five worlds to play, I reccomend playing them through in order as there are little snippets of text that make a kind of story. I like that when you die you start again without having to navigate menus.
The bad stuff, you don't know how far you have travelled until you die, and even then it's not saved anywhere, I don't mind there being no gamecentre but I would like to know what my highest distance is, and that doesn't seem possible so when you return to play you have no idea what score you need to beat.it wouldn't be so bad if there was some indication that you'd beaten previous score but nope.
There's nothing collectible, no missions, no feeling of getting better or progression. Teamed with the no scoreboard it kind of feels a bit pointless. (No pun intended lol )
I can't find an option to turn music off, no biggie to me but I know it's important to many.

It's not a bad game as endless games go, just not for me.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post

Starts pretty slow, but quickly speeds up. You've gotta avoid obstacle as you fly across the skyline, controls are hold to fly and release to drop, they are accurate and responsive.Relaxing music, choice of five worlds to play, I reccomend playing them through in order as there are little snippets of text that make a kind of story. I like that when you die you start again without having to navigate menus.
The bad stuff, you don't know how far you have travelled until you die, and even then it's not saved anywhere, I don't mind there being no gamecentre but I would like to know what my highest distance is, and that doesn't seem possible so when you return to play you have no idea what score you need to beat.it wouldn't be so bad if there was some indication that you'd beaten previous score but nope.
There's nothing collectible, no missions, no feeling of getting better or progression. Teamed with the no scoreboard it kind of feels a bit pointless. (No pun intended lol )
I can't find an option to turn music off, no biggie to me but I know it's important to many.

Too bad looked kinda promising.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:04 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to jquave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post

There's a bit of a misunderstanding here. The game is not *ACTUALLY* endless. There is an end you can achieve, your highest distance should be the entire distance of the game.

But, really this isn't a game about trying to get the highest score. It's more of a mini-story, and the goal of the game is to beat all 5 levels. BUT, adding an endless mode with the more competitive stuff you mentioned might be a good idea.

App Advice has a review that explains it better than I can: http://appadvice.com/review/quickadvice-dream-flight
Old 01-18-2014, 06:22 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquave View Post
There's a bit of a misunderstanding here. The game is not *ACTUALLY* endless. There is an end you can achieve, your highest distance should be the entire distance of the game.

But, really this isn't a game about trying to get the highest score. It's more of a mini-story, and the goal of the game is to beat all 5 levels. BUT, adding an endless mode with the more competitive stuff you mentioned might be a good idea.

App Advice has a review that explains it better than I can: http://appadvice.com/review/quickadvice-dream-flight
It says " endless runner with a twist" in the titl, which is why I assumed it was a runner, I've not got far enough to see an end to a level yet, and an awful lot of runners are high score chasers, which is why my thoughts may seem negative. I thought I was playing an endless runner.